New wiring looms from Autosparks in 200TDI 110

14 hours ago, western said:

Then there is 2 black and white with male and female connectors, I’m thinking they go to the brake fluid

to brake PDWA unit or low brake fluid float cap.

1 white and orange with a female connector.

air condition feed 12v ignition switched

Thanks for this, I’ll have to look into the PDWA as not I’m 100% sure where this is?As for the Air-con feed, I take it I can just tape this and tuck it out of the way?

many thanks

21 hours ago, T0M said:

1 block of five connections which has 1 white and orange, 1 purple and orange, 1 green, 1 white and 1 black

On the vehicle I have here 1994 200tdi 110 van.

My plug has slightly different wire colours to yours.

White / Yellow

Purple / Orange

Green

White

Black.

For of the wires are not connected on this vehicle.

The only one of these wires that is actually connected to anything, is the green wire, this is connected to a green wire on a male bullet that is one of two wires in loom PRC2876.

This (PRC2876) is a two wire harness that runs a green wire from the 5 way plug, along the gearbox to the reverse light switch (back face of gearbox above transfer box) and returns from the reverse switch as a Green / Brown wire that then plugs into a corresponding Green/ Brown in the chassis loom to feed the reversing lights.

21 hours ago, T0M said:

1 block of four connections which has, 1 brown wire, 1 white wire, 1 white and black and 1 green wire to it.

Again I have a slight difference in wire colours here.

Brown / white

White

White / Black

Green.

This is connected to another 4 way plug with matching wire colours.

The White / Black from this plug is a short wire that plugs into the White / Black in the chassis loom (I think this is the wire from fuse 17 to the heated Rear window)

The other three wires enter another harness that passes through one of the grommets in the bulkhead in front of the dash clocks.

There are three more wires exiting from this harness on the engine side of the bulkhead grommet, Brown / Light Green, Red / Light Green, Green, these wires then connect to a 3 way plug with matching wires on the chassis loom.  I think these are the wire to the Rear wash / Wipe), so this may well be an auxiliary harness to the RWW switch.

Hope this Helps.

What vehicle do you have? 

Edited by MR-HIPPO
Added more info

6 hours ago, T0M said:

Thanks for this, I’ll have to look into the PDWA as not I’m 100% sure where this is?As for the Air-con feed, I take it I can just tape this and tuck it out of the way?

many thanks

The older brake master cylinders had only two pipes coming out (later units have three), One for the front, and one for the rear. These two pipes may both go into another pipe block on the front face of the drivers foot well. (If fitted) this is the PDWA (Pressure Differential Warning Actuator) It contains a shuttle valve, that shuts off fluid to either of the circuits in the event of a pressure loss. There is a switch on the unit that would illuminate a dash warning light if the shuttle valve operates, thus closing leaking a circuit.

Edited by MR-HIPPO

6 hours ago, T0M said:

many thanks

PDWA unit below the steering column, it was deleted for the 1991 model year, the system got a low fluid level float cap/switch unit instead. WP_20181116_15_47_37_Pro.thumb.jpg.2d6a124ccc3b1bb69802cc446817b986.jpg

6 hours ago, T0M said:

As for the Air-con feed, I take it I can just tape this and tuck it out of the way?

many thanks

I used that wire on mine to supply 12v ignition switched power to a relay, if you don't need it just ensure it is safely taped to the loom.

Ok guys thanks for the info, I’m back in the garage in the morning (Saturdays are all about my boy) so I’ll let you know how I get on.

Now I’m armed with some info, I may stand a better chance.

As for the PDWA, I’m going to be using the system which come with the TD5 bulk head I bought.... so straight to the low level cap I take it? I’ll keep an open mind what to do with the feed but I think it may come in handy for my fan on the back of the rad (Allisport upgrade).

Mr Hippo,

you asked what I have, well it’s essentially a 200tdi 90, but it’s a on going project which is turning into a mix and match of different things... I bought a Richards Chassis and the old loom was well, cut more times than some smack heads dodgy gear!! So in my wisest wisdom, I thought I would chuck it away and build my own..... what a mistake!!

D251DBEA-F733-497A-98E5-8859898B008B.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 3:38 PM, MR-HIPPO said:

On the vehicle I have here 1994 200tdi 110 van.

My plug has slightly different wire colours to yours.

White / Yellow

Purple / Orange

Green

White

Black.

For of the wires are not connected on this vehicle.

The only one of these wires that is actually connected to anything, is the green wire, this is connected to a green wire on a male bullet that is one of two wires in loom PRC2876.

This (PRC2876) is a two wire harness that runs a green wire from the 5 way plug, along the gearbox to the reverse light switch (back face of gearbox above transfer box) and returns from the reverse switch as a Green / Brown wire that then plugs into a corresponding Green/ Brown in the chassis loom to feed the reversing lights.

Again I have a slight difference in wire colours here.

Brown / white

White

White / Black

Green.

This is connected to another 4 way plug with matching wire colours.

The White / Black from this plug is a short wire that plugs into the White / Black in the chassis loom (I think this is the wire from fuse 17 to the heated Rear window)

The other three wires enter another harness that passes through one of the grommets in the bulkhead in front of the dash clocks.

There are three more wires exiting from this harness on the engine side of the bulkhead grommet, Brown / Light Green, Red / Light Green, Green, these wires then connect to a 3 way plug with matching wires on the chassis loom.  I think these are the wire to the Rear wash / Wipe), so this may well be an auxiliary harness to the RWW switch.

Hope this Helps.

What vehicle do you have? 

Firstly massive apologies been Fing ill.

Ok so this is now making a bit more sense now, I’m going to have to research the rear wash as it looks like I don’t have that back to the dash... that said I have no buttons for that yet either unless it gets tied in with the stalk??

Ive ordered PRC2876 and moved on to start the inside where I have managed to connect the front wipers/washer, side lights/head lights, full beam indicators and horn and also heater matrix.

So hazard switch.... (you might wanna get the kettle on), harness, I think (process of elimination) has 7 wires they are as follows;

Black with red stripe, comes out of the connector and has got a spade connection on the end.

Green with brown stripe 

Green with red stripe - tested continuity front and rear and to the stalk L/H indicator

Green and white stripe - tested continuity front and rear and to the stalk R/H indicator.

light green

purple 

Dark Green.

Which again doesn’t match up with the wiring diagram, and to make things worse I’m connecting it to the TD5 Button which came with the bulkhead..... however that plug has 9 wires and only know (I think) what two are.... they are as follows;

Top row of 5 right to left

white with green stripe

purple with brown stripe

light green (slightly thicker)

red with orange stripe 

black

bottom row of four directly underneath 

green with brown stripe 

green with red stripe

Black with red stripe

green with white stripe 

Can I even make this work? Where would you start

CFCD0B88-A7B6-46D0-9F71-44FE0A119765.jpeg

7859AC31-1AE7-43ED-8B00-BF3CAD257901.jpeg

5F47FEDD-F2DC-4330-B202-AAD5DC53B7AE.jpeg

• 5 months later...

To finish the thread nicely, I completed a 27,000km trip from Cape Town to Lake Tanganyika in Tanzania and back without any LR wiring issues at all. I tried to drive exclusively on tracks and was about 70% successful. It was the dry season so the tracks were very hard and usually a lot of corrugations. At the end of the trip there appeared to be no wiring damage (chaffing etc) and all points seemed well connected still so really happy with the time and expense taken to change all 4 looms.

On the non LR wiring side of things everything went really well too, the C-Tek system just did its thing, solar panel allowed unlimited fridge/assecories running if parked in the sun, batteries ran out after 5.5 days if I parked under a huge tree in the shade all day.
The only failure/issues were:
- the low coolent alarm, it kept going off, drove me mad, changed the detection bolt sticking into the radiator to a longer one, bleed the system repeatedly etc etc. In the end I just unplugged it. Either it was faulty or the wiring caused an issue as there was no air in the system or it was imposable to remove it.
- subwoofer and amp developed some feedback/static in a few circumstances, didn't have time to look into it yet etc

So again, many thanks to all of those who you who helped an electrical idiot completely rewire his Landy from scratch without it exploding!!

image.png.822f2f11dad561f7a4bca9abf3b3b380.png

image.png.00ecae0f34bac98905cfbc72e8d0c773.png

LandySign.thumb.jpg.ddfd08b8316b7b1bc362ac38b049608d.jpgimage.png.591d99c1e9d752821cb360603491a8db.png

image.png.a6f39cf89c020b8eb3609425c80198a7.png

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

What an excellent thread!! I have been trying to sort my 1991 truck cab that has been converted to a 300 TDI, previous loom was a fire waiting to happen so I too bought an Autosparks loom, the down side is it has taken me about 5 years since removing the old loom. the engine runs and most lights work, just a few niggles to sort out and this thread has been perfect with similar issues.

I have the pleasure of owning one of the few models that had a two spade switch for the interior roof light and it only took three days to work out why I had two wires to the switch instead of one.

Thankyou to all the contributors, the joy of the Landy fellowship!!

• Like 2