110 paint colour

8 hours ago, paime said:

Excellent, thanks! Project rust starts tomorrow so i'm a bit away from painting yet. Good to know silver doesn't like hand painting though.

Metalic or mica paint contains flakes which reflect the light, if you brush paint it you get very obvious brush marks - its also a mat finish, the gloss comes from clear laquer coats on top,  which again doesn't suit brush painting.  You can hand paint (with roller or brush) using enamel paint (1k polyeurethane) in solid colours, if you want to keep it silver it's best to take it to a bodyshop. 

19 hours ago, Eightpot said:

Metalic or mica paint contains flakes which reflect the light, if you brush paint it you get very obvious brush marks - its also a mat finish, the gloss comes from clear laquer coats on top,  which again doesn't suit brush painting.  You can hand paint (with roller or brush) using enamel paint (1k polyeurethane) in solid colours, if you want to keep it silver it's best to take it to a bodyshop. 

Thanks all, you've saved me quite a headache there i think!