Is my water pump working? 3.9 v8 serp

lol

1 hour ago, lol said:

I've been having a few overheating problems with my 3.9 v8 and I'm suspicious of waterpump impeller may become de attached or slip when warm

how can I tell other than removing?

The impeller has been known to break up, but very rare I believe and then only on aftermarket market items.

A faulty viscous coupling for the fan will cause overheating.

Coolant flowing the heater is a good indication that the pump is ok, also maybe u can look/feel  inside after removing the bottom hose connection on the pump.

Edited by teabag

I’ve removed the vicious and am running electric fans manually switched

I have changed temp sensors incase of a faulty reading and replaced the thermostat with a bearmach one but to no positive out come also checked the rad flows internally and isn’t blocked with mud?

also dosnt seem to show head gasket sighs?

Thanks for the reply’s chaps

I've had brand new stats refuse to open in a timely manner - especially if they don't have the jiggle-pin vent at the top. They get an airlock behind them and as the engine warms up it hits the red before the stat "feels" it and pops open.

Are the rad hoses getting hot when it says it's hot?