Good quality exhausts for 200Tdi

13 hours ago, Retroanaconda said:

Thanks Ian. I’m guessing it’s a bit louder with the straight pipes?

Interesting. Do you have any pictures of the connection piece? I think I’ve seen similar where there’s a short 4” or so of exhaust which links the 200Tdi downpipe to the Td5 centre box.

I’d hope that the brackets would bolt straight onto mine with it being a later chassis. It has the outrigger style mount just forward of the centre silencer which the earlier chassis don’t have as they use the one built into the transfer box mount.

Did you find it any better in terms of noise than the Tdi system?

I don't have any photos to hand but can grab one for you later on. Buy yes it's ultimately just a short piece between downpipe and centre pipe, with a 200tdi flange on one end (cut from the old centre section) and a TD5 flange on the other (cut from the TD5 downpipe).

Noise wise - the 110 had a straight through mid pipe and a back box and has the same in TD5 form (I'd like the center silencer - but there's a water tank between the chassis rails which gets in the way of the box). I think the TD5 exhaust has a slightly throatier sound but can't comment on how it would be in standard form. It's a slightly larger bore but probably better quality silencers than a replacement 200tdi exhaust so I'd expect noise wise they're about the same.

• 3 years later...
On 6/19/2019 at 9:34 PM, western said:

Got mine from E H Douglas in Wardington near Banbury, 

Hi. Were you happy with it? What stainless steel brand did they use?

On 6/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, landroversforever said:

If you fancy a day in Oxfordshire, I know a chap who build exhausts for a living and is really reasonably priced. 

Hi. Do you mean stainless steel exhausts? What was the approximate price and could you please give details?

4 hours ago, DMP said:

Hi. Were you happy with it? What stainless steel brand did they use?

Yes, after nearly 20 years it has been replaced though but with Double S parts which is where the original system came from, don't know the materials spec, you would have to ask Double S. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

The other option is Demand Engineering.... their work is beautiful :wub: 

I found out about Demand just after my Griffin exhaust arrived. They are only 5 miles down the road from me 🙈