New to me toys

Nice haul what are you planning on making?

I've got one of those 3 in 1 things, I've done 1mm stainless. at about 150mm long. I had to get the guilotine blade on mine re-ground and to do it I had to make a jig to hold it flat as the first time they tried it it ended up like a banana. It's flipping heavy so I made a little trolley with casters on. 

The 3 in 1 will come in handy for brackets etc the sander will be fitted with metal grinding abrasives for cleaning stuff up I also fancy making some knives at some point but need to get started on making a forge first the benders are for roll cage and suspension arms for my portal project once I can get back  on to it I seem to remember someone on the forum cursed me by saying it would be nearly ready for its first outing lol but I do say having the right toys makes life easier regards Stephen

Edited by Stellaghost

• 2 weeks later...

Seems ok on the grunt side of life have an aggressive abrasive on the disc and a fine one for the belt I am finding it more convenient for cleaning up smaller sections / pieces of metal and removing sharp edges than holding a grinder one handed for ages if I end up nrrding more grunt I have a selection of single phase motors I could fit  what size is yours I shopped around until  a 9" disc and 6" belt was available had looked at the Clarke ones but were out of my price range at the moment would be interesting to see what they are like in comparison regards Stephen 

Edited by Stellaghost
Additional stuff

• 3 months later...

Latest addition to my workshop guy I bought it off was using it to skim cylinder heads so the tooling for that will come in handy at some point works off house electrics just need to source some collets and cutters and jobs a good un regards Stephen

20191015_145938.jpg

Edited by Stellaghost
  • Like 1

Bowie69 what a great post I'm still spontaneously chuckling  trying to decide if it justifys a forum name change to The Git or Bowie69's git but that might lead fellow forum members into thinking you were a tad indiscriminate in your youth can't have that wouldn't be fair to you so I  will stick with the original regards the git oops Stephen

• 3 months later...

Another addition but I think I screwed up looked ok on the picture but the reality is it's way bigger than I expected thought to myself a slotting head would be good to complement my milling machine to make me pretty self sufficient saw this and said with loads of confidence I can adapt / convert to my requirements the reality is it's big enough to be it's own machine with a drive and bed my foot is in the picture to help with scale also its bloody heavy definitely some sort of senior moment regards Stephen 

20200210_160436.jpg

20200210_160406.jpg

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Just bought this angle gauge saw one on the dirt lifestyle clip on one of the posts thought it would be well handy for when I set up my front portal axle for tube swap regards Stephen 

20200417_113729.jpg

I had so many dramas with a my digital level..... hope yours is better lol 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...