Fuel Gauge Wiring

Hi Folks 

Looking a bit of help with the fuel gauge wiring on my 1985 90. I've done a full rebuild on this over quite a long time and the wiring for the fuel gauge was in a bad state so I ordered a new loom, I was able to goggle and get the wiring at the sender unit sorted but where does the other end go as I have a Black wire (earth), green/brown wire which I can see but the white/blue wire I can not find a match for at the bulkhead.  Would anyone be able to post photos of where these go. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Is this a new chassis loom from Auto Sparks?

The Auto sparks chassis looms seem to have the wires for both the petrol and diesel models.

When fitting to a diesel engined vehicle, you may well be left with a  spare White/Purple(ish) where the loom joins the main harness at the bulkhead.

This is normal, and you can leave it unconnected.

On a V8 engined vehicle, this White/Purple would provide power to the electric fuel pump.

white/slate goes to low fuel level warning light.

Petrol fuel pump is plain white

White/purple goes to the coil on a petrol engine

https://www.landroverweb.com/Pdf-files/Manuals/Defender-90-110-workshop-manual-5.pdf

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/cms/files/colour_code_for_vehicle_wiring_-_new_order_2.pdf

Edited by neil110

Thanks for the help, as you can see the tank end is sorted but where does the other end go. I have looked in the bulk head wiring and behind the dash and have not found any wires the same colour to connect to, the one easily sorted is the black to earth. DCCA0D17-4A65-40F2-BB8F-81395915661C.thumb.jpeg.49c6c73f2f3a4b1011bb7fa456288e8e.jpeg

the  ring terminal is Earth to a screw/bolt on engine side of bulkhead adjacent to the clutch pedal unit.

the others go direct to the gauge wiring to match up with a bullet conection for the green/white

the white/purple is not used on a diesel engne vehicle

the white slate goes to the warning ight panel low fuel light