Confirm the bad news and then give me some hope. (P38)

Simon_CSK

I have been trying to do an engine swap on my P38 and one thing has led to another.

I am now also removing the gearbox so hopefully I can get the torque convertor on in the vertical position as the horizontal wiggle and turn just isn't working.

Have jacked it up and have removed the props however when I jacked the front and tried to turn the wheel it was locked solid this makes me think that the bad news is my viscous coupling is seized. Can someone confirm my worst thoughts? When I jacked up the rear axle at the same time I could turn the wheels easily.

The next part of this is the transfer box. I have a transfer box from an early (Gems) P38 mine is a Thor. I know the gearboxes changed but never heard anything about the transfer box is it the same transfer box or at least the same viscous coupling? I have an early gearbox and transfer box that I samed from a P38 I broke up many years ago so hopefully I can fit and forget.

Help appreciated.