RUC armoured 109 power steering box

jericho

I am running the Rover 3 litre straight six with Weslake head from a Rover P5 in my 86inch, it is a tight squeeze for the pump but from memory it was the pump with the kit.

When i bought mine he still had several left with pumps so i got one. I will take photos tomorrow and post up showing how i fitted mine to the Series 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am running the Rover 3 litre straight six with Weslake head from a Rover P5 in my 86inch, it is a tight squeeze for the pump but from memory it was the pump with the kit.

When i bought mine he still had several left with pumps so i got one. I will take photos tomorrow and post up showing how i fitted mine to the Series 1

Larna86, any chance of those photos? Sorry to pester, but none the wiser still and want to get a move on with installing the steering!

Cheers in advance, and if anybody else could help me select the correct power steering pump for my vehicle would be much appreciated!

Cheers

• 10 years later...

Hopefully bringing this thread back to life! Just had the ZF power steering set up fitted to my '76 109 which has a Disco 1 200 Tdi fitted. Steering is spot on, positive and not too light but I am having an ongoing problem with screaming belts - or is it the alternator - which is new and the correct one? I have the normal 200 Tdi power steering set up with a belt driven off the crank turning the water pump and the power steering pump and a smaller belt running off the inner pulley on the power steering pump which turns the alternator. I have checked and double checked that the belts are the correct ones and that they are in line using a straight edge and are nicely tensioned without being too tight. I am now on my third set and the howling persists - in particular on full left lock and when coming to a standstill, the alternator comes to a halt and the red warning light comes on? I've searched online and had many suggestions but the problem persists. I could use some belt dressing but wouldn't this just mask the problem? Anybody had a similar situation and found a solution?

Cheers JohnH

Serial Overlander