Jan 1st 2007

Peter

This is on the calendar, but for all those in the South East and at a loose end on Monday then:

http://www.southcoasttrekkers.com/

Has details of Flimwell off road site.

BTW You will need M/T tyres. Was down there today, helping making some new tracks, holes etc.

Had about a dozen lads from the Kent Off Road Club come along for a play today aswell - they all had Simex tyres on and most of them got stuck at least once. :o

However you should be okay on 238/85 BFG M/T's as a minimum.

This is a new site to the public, but has been used for private off road club events up until now.

The surface is mainly wet clay and mud, NO stones or flint.

P1070871.jpg

Yes that's right. Expect you'll see a few TwinAxle members there on Monday.

Already been earmarked for some of next year trainee winch challengers, as their practice pitch :D

Site is being managed by a Twin-axle member as a private venture (but not in association with the club) to increase its income for the owner - and provide a much needed off-road site (playground - depends on your point of view) in the area.

Everyone just knows the site as Flimwell. Site is available for private hire to clubs for off-raoding and punch challenges.

Camping facilities available on site.

P1070814.jpg

Cost of entry includes tyre wash, before leaving at the end of the day (There will be 2 man'd power-washer by the exit.) Please allow time to have the mud washed off your tyres, before leaving.

Please allow time to have the mud washed off your tyres, before leaving.

Will this mean a queue to exit the site? I have seen this before and become so frustrated with having to queue before leaving that I have not returned - 50 cars, 1 minute each wheel, 3+hours and that is without the radiator/window cleaning that inevitably goes on...

Chris

Will this mean a queue to exit the site? I have seen this before and become so frustrated with having to queue before leaving that I have not returned - 50 cars, 1 minute each wheel, 3+hours and that is without the radiator/window cleaning that inevitably goes on...

Chris

Chris,

I've experienced exactly this problem too, earlier in the year at Rusper - before that site was shut down by the pitchfork chanting locals. And understand this concern.

Woodlands has a tyre cleaning policy - and they seem to cope fine so should imagine with 2 pressure washer this should'nt be too much of a problem. There is also a tyre wash run near the exit gate.

Doubt will get 50 cars on the 1st of Jan anyway - too many hangovers, but will pass your concerns onto the organiser.

So lets not condemn it before its got off the ground. Site already has 4 confirmed weekend club bookings in the next 2 months.

Anyway Chris if you just come along once, you'll be made most welcome.

Well you won't see me down there on monday, best of luck with the site, and yes we do need more site's.

I'd like to no how the site's cope's with even 30+ car's (from the driver's point of view....waiting, block'd route's etc) as it's not that big a site, and yes you will need M/T's as a min, a winch would be a good idear to.

Are you plan'in on change'in any of the site...... work'in any area's? as it's already well cut up!

If you've not been before it's worth a trip, there's a bit of every thing there.

And NO, i've now't to do with this site or the operator's......just some sett'in out for the Twinaxle club.