Rustproofing a Disco

I bought my 1st disco last year that's a 59 plate and looking to keep hold of the vehicle for a long time. However, some corrosion is starting to become visible around the wheel arches and chassis area. I have enquired about professionally rustproofing the vehicle but simply don't have the cash to pay someone. Are these diy Dinitrol kits easy to apply and adequate in protecting the vehicle rustproofing kit I've never applied any corrosion protection coatings to a vehicle before.

Dinitrol is good stuff, easy enough to apply (just spray it) but it WILL go everywhere, all over you and anything in range of the breeze so be careful where you do it & what you do it near.

A stout wire brush to remove any loose rust is a good idea, the SPID type ones on eBay are cheap and effective. That and a damn good pressure-washing underneath to remove any dirt etc., might be worth paying a local outfit to do it - places that prepare HGV's for MOT are often set up to steam-clean the hell out of things in preparation as taking a dumper truck for MOT with a year's mud crusted underneath is a surefire failure.

Eye protection is essential (rust or paint in the eye isn't fun, ask me how I know) and some sort of coverall is a really good idea, the stuff can drift into your hair etc. and really doesn't come off easily.

For touching up chassis black, Corroless chassis paint with glass reinforcement is damn good, Arc-Rite on eBay sell it.

Edit: Dinitrol UK have an eBay shop too, worth a look.

I have to wonder if this is spamalicious?

Two posts, both about rust, dinitrol in particular.

One more on Mig-welding:

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/welding-seams.81841/

I mean, we have had a bunfight over rust proofing before, though most won't remember it these days.... 🤬:banned: