Uninvited guests

Stellaghost

They have taste but gonna have to go opened the bonnet of my 2a lightweight and had to run wasps not happy at me disturbing  their nest this is the second time I've had wasps in a lightweght hose pipe out later my preferred  method is using a can of penetrating oil as a flame thrower but not today

20190701_175328.jpg

Edited by Stellaghost
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Not wanting to wander off too far but a mate of mine has a very late S3 LTWT and the rear X-member has infill sections on the outer ends as the chassis is a civilian 88" . It also has a standard S3 bumper and civvy style axle drive members and halfshaft end caps . It's reg. is A****** and it all looks pretty original to me - one of the last maybe before the 90 rocked up ? 

cheers

Steve b 

On 7/1/2019 at 6:03 PM, Stellaghost said:

They have taste but gonna have to go opened the bonnet of my 2a lightweight and had to run wasps not happy at me disturbing  their nest this is the second time I've had wasps in a lightweght hose pipe out later my preferred  method is using a can of penetrating oil as a flame thrower but not today

20190701_175328.jpg

My worst nightmare 😬

I’d have to call in a nuclear strike on them 💥

29 minutes ago, Bigj66 said:

My worst nightmare 😬

I’d have to call in a nuclear strike on them 💥

I am the nuclear strike for them but they just say buzz off and build again to date I've had two nests in the engine bay one in the rear cross member ( sprayed the entrance hole with spray adhesive and literally blocked the hole with sticky wasps) and the present one the Joy's regards Stephen 

They don’t reuse the nest the following year but will come back to the nest site. You can get powder to put down that will deter them. My workshop is guarded by it. I’ve got it everywhere in the joists.

Your woodpile provides a ready source of nest building materials and winter hibernation for the queens 😉