110 build date

monkie

I'm in the process of refreshing the interior of my 110. I took the grotty covers off the sun visors to find this written in red biro. Possibly the build date of my 1988 110? I love finding things like this. 

IMG_20190706_191417.jpg

Last week I found a note written in felt pen on the back of 2 door range rover armrest reminding someone in colourful language to cut the blinking moulding knob off the foam before sending it down the line - and there's a load of blues/villa football banter inside the roof off my rangie ambulance 🙂

Similarly, I found the build sheet for my old 90 tucked beneath the battery. IIRC it was a dot matrix print out on heavy pink paper.
Now given that the truck was 8 years old when I bought it, and that the battery box was not the first place I would have nosed around, I thought it was quite a find

15 hours ago, mickeyw said:

Similarly, I found the build sheet for my old 90 tucked beneath the battery. IIRC it was a dot matrix print out on heavy pink paper.
Now given that the truck was 8 years old when I bought it, and that the battery box was not the first place I would have nosed around, I thought it was quite a find

Not a lot has changed then... got the build sheet for my JCW.... that’s done on a dot matrix printer too.... in 2015!

Dot matrix printers and hand written dates. Great stuff. It's a good job I have never worked on the production line as no one would be able to read my writing!