GKN Overload Hubs

TSD

Rummaging in the back of the shed at the weekend I found a pair of these that I bought s/hand but barely used many years ago. The original owner put them on an overland 130 but found they slipped too much and took them off again. Very possibly they were never adjusted out of the box.

I know they are rare, but does anyone still use them? I haven't seen any in use since Jules backflipped his 90!

EDIT : MODS Sorry, this wasn't aimed at the for sale, it was supposed to go into International - please move!

Edited by TSD

The GKN hubs replace the axle drive flange, and internally they have a preloaded clutch pack that slips if the torque exceeds a preset value. They were used to protect the CV joints from torque spikes when spinning up big tyres.

I don't think they were ever very plentiful, though a few people on this forum used them. I wasn't particularly trying to sell them (despite posting in the wrong board section - too many windows open) I was wondering if anyone still used them or has more info, hopefully someone has some setup instructions for instance?