Fixings for Wash/Wipe Switch assembly

Hi,

looking for part numbers for the fixings that keep the wash/wipe switch attached to the indicator assembly.

The switch itself is AMR6106R fixing to AMR6105R.

NOT the right switches for these part numbers, but showing the 3 fixings i am talking about...indicatorSwitchNuts.thumb.jpg.1116c01d51cbf7b1419033987b3c22d1.jpg

Please note that these do not fit, I have tried. None of the Microcat-derived diagrams I can see even acknowledge there are fixings there.

Any help appreciated.

What happened to the existing screws?  Normally you just reuse.  They are no bolts.  They are self tapping screws that thread into the metal.  I just did one of these a week ago.  The new OEM switch did not have screws.  The screws from the old switch just moved over.  The three screw version is the early, non intermittent style.

i'm replacing an old style switch with new to match a late Td5 wiring loom, hence only the old one to use as a reference - those are something like a 6.5mm bolt (I guess imperial, but who has time to look up the conversion...)

If I can't buy the right ones, I will have to try to find the right size screw, though this is going to risk messing up the threads on my new switches.

No further forward with this one, unfortunately. All the new switches (inc. mine) are supplied without the screw and nothing I had fits. It doesn't actually appear that the hole is even threaded as far as you can see down, so unsure how it even secures.

Not really sure what else I can do....

I was able to extract one machine screw from my wash/wipe stalk, they are 1/2 inch long from under the head, 1/4 hex socket fits, suspect the thread is imperial as its to small to be 4mm & to big to fit a 3mm thread die, 

Hope that helps. 

IMG_20190714_194709.jpg

17 hours ago, Red90 said:

As already mentioned a few times.  The screws are self tapping.  The holes are not threaded.  The screws tap into the stalk.  You use the screws that came out of the old one.  I did this a few weeks ago.

😖 You certainly did, several times. I clearly read what I thought you were saying - it's a couple of small screws - rather than the all important "self tapping". I will recover the old ones and be a bit braver with the ratchet once I had a suitable socket as per Ralph's post.

Thank you both for the help, despite my stupidity

Edited by ThreePointFive