Air Con Clutch

Hi All

Can anyone let me know if there is a low pressure clutch inhibit (or anything else) that will stop the AC clutch from operating on a 2002 defender TD5? After last years chassis change, the wife would now like the AC functional again and since the system was degassed I have purchased a new dryer and will fit it just before the system is recharged. New O rings have been fitted to the pipe flanges and other than filling with gas I should be ready to go for nitrogen purge, leak test and some Freon. So I thought I would just test it all worked and cannot get the AC compressor clutch to operate. Evaporator fan all works and I have checked the condenser fan and compressor clutch with the Nanocom on test and all works perfectly for the duration of the test. I assume from this that the circuits are all good but something is telling the clutch not to operate when I operate the temperature control and fan switch. I did swap the fan relay and clutch relays around and carried out some brief electrical testing for live feeds etc and all seems good but not knowing the system very well, I thought I would ask here before I look deeper!

Toby

There is a pressure sensor on the AC system, so I'm guessing that it would inhibit the clutch in the event of low refrigerant pressure, specially since the gas also carries the lubricant for the AC compressor.  No gas = no oil = knackered pump.