Treasure from the scrap man

Stellaghost

4 hours ago, Bigj66 said:

How is the Sankey project coming along Stephen?

I’ve one here that’s parked up until I can get the V8 finished but after that it’s going to be a full strip and rebuild so I’m on the lookout for threads where people have done similar.

My sanky is parked up also whilst I progress my mog axles however what is with it is in good order mostly needing cleaning up or un-seizing apart from the tub which needed a considerable amount of plating, but even that is flat with some simple folds

I will be resuming work on it at some point regards Stephen

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 11:11 AM, Stellaghost said:

Remember this 

Now had a wee bit of TLC 

Wheel shafts sorted, steering repaired and now comes down under its own weight due to hanging an engine and gearbox off it and moving it up and down several times regards Stephen 

20220319_111025.thumb.jpg.a75437e04c3d7755fbd6cdae140e09fc.jpg

20220319_111033.thumb.jpg.89e5e0c7281bc6f72e285f49d3cb43f8.jpg

Witnessed this in action yesterday, my goodness it's BIG!!! 😉

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was skip checking at one of our depots this morning. The metal skip was full of Armco from a nasty RTI at the weekend. Of course, when it's untensioned, you have to replace loads, as well as box beam and supports. Makes for nice sheet piles and bridges over the rhynes.  Problem is the skip used to be a 15yeard, it's now a 60yard, and it's bolldy difficult lifting stuff out. Might have to drop back tomorrow with the hiab trailer

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

I'm known as a bit of a skip rat, but lets be right its only urban beach combing...

regards Stephen

Personally I see it as taking the sustainable option. You'd be amazed at what people leave on the motorways

• Like 2

Two pieces of "scrap" to collect tomorrow, one will be reasonably immediately useful with a bit of tlc for my project, the other will need a tad of modification to use it how I'm thinking off, quite sure @Ed Poore will be accusing me of sacrilege again...lol

But I'll keep you guessing until tomorrow.......

Regards Stephen