Drive flange bolts

The more I look at the pics the more I’m not sure what I’ve got. But BX110095M seems to bring up at least hex bolts. Trip to Fyfe & Mcgrouther tomorrow I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC_ said:

Ok the width is 20 mm but I can’t measure the rear ones (they still look the same) due to the spacers. Both dust caps have the lip. So the big question is..... what bolts? I have the flange type somewhere in a cupboard somewhere in the loft, or is it the spare room 🤔🤔

5A74E428-9804-4721-8642-1D55AAD7CA9D.jpeg

D26E83AD-C76D-49D3-A58C-044CE13C4122.jpeg

Look the same as my thick drive members to me, IIRC the older plastic caps won't fit the thinner members. 

On 7/18/2019 at 8:05 PM, western said:

They are nothing special just 8.8 high tensile bolts, 

An example https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=8.8ht+bolts+50mm+long&client=ms-android-vf-gb-revc&biw=360&bih=654&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=sivn&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:740246495680115981,paur:ClkAsKraX0-tmhvmiUAhcW6U_ceGOit95zTm1i07SSSHvR4Il8oUdVD-XlVYLHjggs6ShJpdN09j2xxzwWQ9zoVdSV-HV3j8R4J7m3D9ZeLT0Hm0Yopbp38Y6hIZAFPVH73TPVUp2GbXwm0VDkTtFP93nKpvxg,prmr:1,pid:740246495680115981,cs:1

The reason for changing to flanged head is for the production machines to hold the heads as a normal hex head would slide deeper into the production  tool socket, whereas the flange stops that happening. 

Drive flange bolts should be hi tensile 10.9

check your photos for proof!

Edited by oneandtwo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oneandtwo said:

Drive flange bolts should be hi tensile 10.9

check your photos for proof!

Thanks @oneandtwo the ones I bought are actually 10.9 but don’t fit the rear..... at least the front is getting new bolts today 😂👍

They are the same as yours, the thing I don’t get is the original bolt slips in and out no problem but the new one won’t slip in past the drive member to reach the thread. I’ll have a hunt for a pack of bolts I’m sure I have somewhere and see if they will fit. Blooming engineers shop was closed early today. 

• Like 1

Ralph you’re a star for looking those out ! Hang on to them for the minute and if I have any problems with mine I’ll give you a shout. I’m determined to get to the bolt saga finale !! Didn’t have time today as the weather has turned and was also helping a mate get his diff back in on his truck 😊👍 his drive members are defo the thin type on his 2012 truck. So at least I know mines are thicker. 

• Like 1