Drivelodge elevating roof (110 type)

Snagger

Anyone tried one on a 109?  Or, for that matter, does anyone know if a 109 and 110 roof have a similar slop angle on the front section?  I know they’re shaped differently on the side curves where the slope meets the flat section, the Series roofs having that peculiar step.

http://drivelodge.co.uk/portfolio-item/land-rover-defender-110http://drivelodge.co.uk/portfolio-item/land-rover-defender-110

109 & 110 roofs are the same, dimension wise.

However, the front windscreen frame differs - so the roofs are not a simple swop.

As they mention the do not bolt through the roof, it is interesting to hear how they fit it...

...as would be a price.

Bon Courage !

On 7/29/2019 at 11:20 AM, Arjan said:

109 & 110 roofs are the same, dimension wise.

However, the front windscreen frame differs - so the roofs are not a simple swop.

As they mention the do not bolt through the roof, it is interesting to hear how they fit it...

...as would be a price.

Bon Courage !

I know that the front edges are different, and that the Series roofs have a step on their side radii, roughly above the B pillar, that the Defender doesn’t have.  I don’t have any intention of swapping roofs, but I’m wondering if the slope on the front part of the Series roofs is similar enough to the Defender that this pop top would fit.  I think the angles must be quite similar, given the curved section of the Series roofs occupying the space the Defender’s screen frame takes, but confirmation would be good.

I have been following a camper build using this roof on Facebook, and I think the guy said it cost about £1500, which is very cheap compared to other equivalents.  I’d love to see one in the flesh.  I am curious about the internal width of the tent and how comfortably it’d sleep two.  No response from the manufacturer yet.

Not sure what you mean....

I have the roofs here side by side and have swapped them en did not notice a different profile / shape.

One would guess that that roof section you're talking about should fit, esp. as the Series roof always has ribs and the 110 also had a smooth roof option what makes kitting the thing in much easier..

I have bought a spare - smooth - 110 roof a few weeks ago to use for my 110 as it makes it all much easier. Not to mention that that roof does not have Alpine windows or a sun roof...

Bon Courage !

The step I’m mentioning is the vertical line you can see in the image below, directly above the spot half way between the back edge of the door and the front edge of the rear window.  I’m wondering if the folding roof folds inside of where that step levels out.

But I’m also wondering how the angle of the slope on the front section of the  Series roof compares to the Defender, to know whether the pop top roof will follow the shape of the Series roof (with ribs removed and reinforcements added internally).

5B36D161-5EE7-46B5-9AB2-6B7A6FDB11C3.jpeg