Defender 110, a Bedford cf and a utility truck walk into a bar...

5 hours ago, Badger110 said:

have you got any of yours left?

Unfortunately not, the demise came when my good lady let a wagon out of a roadworks junction and he didn't make the turn and then promptly reversed back over her and her bike, thankfully she got away with severe bruising, it did give us good for thought and especially with a young family the bikes had to go, may look at a British classic to restore once I'm retired regards Stephen

Christ I’m glad she wasn’t too badly hurt as riding does show how vulnerable we are.  

I shall be going for a career change soon which means having 2 wheels for work commuting will be possible but I’m afraid I’m going abit soft these days and a nice triumph tiger sport is a possibility.

We hired a couple after I sold my tiger 800 a few years ago to tour Scotland and it was the most comfortable bike I’ve ridden.

9 minutes ago, Badger110 said:

We hired a couple after I sold my tiger 800 a few years ago to tour Scotland and it was the most comfortable bike I’ve ridden.

Motorcycle touring is great, have toured all over Europe and Scandinavia, met a Norwegian guy in Spain riding a Harley he had travelled 800 miles that day I thought I'd done well with 400 on a ZXR, now that we've totally destroyed this thread by going off topic uhm where were we? Ah got it, I really do like that green you've chosen ahem ! Back on topic regards Stephen

Edited by Stellaghost
  • Like 1

She has been unwrapped now and the next job is to GRP the plastic cowls in the lift up roof before we do the last major bit of spraying the roof black.

I have a large snagging list which is to be expected as this is a ' doors shut ' spray job, and the actual doors haven't been painted on the inside, just primered.

I've got the grill surround and steering guard to go green, the top box and a few other bits to go black and she'll be done

Reminds me of the Old National grid vehicle livery, 

the Land rovers used to be a very bright green with bright red wheels, they could be seen in fields easily. before the livery changed to plain white a few years ago.

• Like 1

I am now fending off the wife's new love for the truck of wanting to bolt carp to it, but I do agree that while the tyres are good for the time being I do want to get some new ones soon as the rears are running a little low.

She wanted to go the route of Sawtooth's and I wanted Blindos, but I'm sticking to my guns and keeping the Wolf's as they are a good wheel and well, why not?

Tyre choices are so many and I'm along the lines of 255/85/16 size or thereabouts, the XYZ's are great but a little skinny and yes, I am being bit vain here, it would be nice to have something that is easily picked up and looks like it fits the arches for a defender and not a series.

There are many many threads on tyre choices and I've read a fair few but feel free to chip in with your thoughts on a tyre which will be good for long travelling with decent off road ability :D 

The downside ( or upside? ) to changing to larger tyres is to move the spare to the back again as I don't want it hanging off the front  looking like pig ( as one of my friends told me through laughter when I showed him a picture a few months ago! ) and that means changing the front bumper to a winch bumper and gracing the front end with a motor and some rope attached for pulling duties :D

Oh and I've registered a web name for our travel website/blog idea...

I'll let you come up with a guess as to what it is 

54 minutes ago, Badger110 said:

I am now fending off the wife's new love for the truck of wanting to bolt carp to it, but I do agree that while the tyres are good for the time being I do want to get some new ones soon as the rears are running a little low.

She wanted to go the route of Sawtooth's and I wanted Blindos, but I'm sticking to my guns and keeping the Wolf's as they are a good wheel and well, why not?

Tyre choices are so many and I'm along the lines of 255/85/16 size or thereabouts, the XYZ's are great but a little skinny and yes, I am being bit vain here, it would be nice to have something that is easily picked up and looks like it fits the arches for a defender and not a series.

There are many many threads on tyre choices and I've read a fair few but feel free to chip in with your thoughts on a tyre which will be good for long travelling with decent off road ability :D 

Oh and I've registered a web name for our travel website/blog idea...

I'll let you come up with a guess as to what it is 

Jolly green giant tours

Hulk on holiday

You can see me coming tours

Sure I'll think of some more regards Stephen

• Like 1