Defender 110, a Bedford cf and a utility truck walk into a bar...

17 hours ago, Badger110 said:

Not sure on the laws relating to either the visual side or whether it affects the emissions test.

I'm sure someone with experience in this field will be along to give some more information :)

Can't claim any particular expertise, but I think you're disabling emissions control equipment* which isn't allowed. However, as long as the MOT tester can't tell from a visual check and the vehicle still passes the required emissions standards nothing is going to happen.

* Don't know what effect it has on more modern vehicles - blanking the EGR on my 300Tdi made the exhaust visibly less smokey...

8 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

What state is your intercooler in?

Probably as bad as the rest of it, especially as it's the lowest point

Will strip it out at the weekend. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/17/2020 at 8:35 PM, Badger110 said:

Probably as bad as the rest of it, especially as it's the lowest point

Will strip it out at the weekend. 

Be interesting to see

Not to be at the moment as the works van is still in the garage, so the truck is being used daily.

I may bite the bullet and upgrade the Intercooler when i do the air intake, move this job forward before the diffs.

I have begun ripping out the rear again, i'm happy with the seating but i can't get to grips with how i want the NS done.  It was a kitchen area with a sink and foldaway Sears petrol cooker, but it wasn't feeling right.  I also noticed i was getting some damp spots on the ply flooring so i ripped it out to find the culprit.

With it being a Saturday evening, i ended up getting too ****faced to make any sensible decisions, i'll take another look tomorrow :D

oh and i'm going to look at a Snatch complete rear end in a field, apparently if i can get it out of the field, it's mine....

• Like 2

The field can keep the Snatch body, it was halfway down the field and included the front floor panels, door surrounds and roof, all of it upto the bulkhead/windscreen.

It would've been an interesting idea, but there was no way it was moving without some big machinery involved.