Defender hand throttle

5 hours ago, miketomcat said:

The n/a version is a choke cable with a bracket and lever on the pump. I have one on ours but haven't modified it to fit the 200tdi.

Mike

Pretty much the same for the 300 tdi Mike. There seems to be plenty of cables about but not the rest of it 🙁

14 hours ago, PaulMc said:

From the 'Wolf' ISPL -

Hand-Throttle.jpg

I have the wolf parts manual so have all the proper numbers but searching on the net has turned up nothing. I was told at craddocks that military parts are now only available to military customers. I don't know how true that is .

Gluv

19 hours ago, Eightpot said:

I've probably got some of the parts, knob/cable and bracket, probably not got any engine side bits but will check tomorrow. 

Let me know what you have 👍🙂

I've got a hand throttle bracket, plastic cover and cable - if you want it you can have it for £12 posted.

The cable for a n/a setup is quite short though - not sure how much use it will be. if I were going to rig something up on my own vehicle I would just use a solid wire type choke cable (rather than twisted cable), fit it in the existing choke holder in your steering column cowling, and make up a simple retainer bracket on the pump end for the cable sheath, with a little hinged arm for the cable inner to attach to, with a bent metal arm attached which collects the throttle arm and draws it back.  Should be pretty easy to knock up with basic tools.

20190801_122141.jpg

20190801_122158.jpg

11 hours ago, Eightpot said:

I've got a hand throttle bracket, plastic cover and cable - if you want it you can have it for £12 posted.

The cable for a n/a setup is quite short though - not sure how much use it will be. if I were going to rig something up on my own vehicle I would just use a solid wire type choke cable (rather than twisted cable), fit it in the existing choke holder in your steering column cowling, and make up a simple retainer bracket on the pump end for the cable sheath, with a little hinged arm for the cable inner to attach to, with a bent metal arm attached which collects the throttle arm and draws it back.  Should be pretty easy to knock up with basic tools.

20190801_122141.jpg

20190801_122158.jpg

Hi , I will have all of that off you , thanks.

pm me your payment details 

Gluv 🇬🇧🇬🇧

On 7/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, Gluv said:

I have the wolf parts manual so have all the proper numbers but searching on the net has turned up nothing. I was told at craddocks that military parts are now only available to military customers. I don't know how true that is .

Gluv

There's not a 'kit' as such, parts have to be sourced individually.

In the case of the grommet 531689 (and some of the screws and washers), you have to buy a bag of 10

AFAIK, all of these parts are available from a main dealer or Genuine Parts reseller, to anyone who orders them.

Military parts have always been available from dealers (if you know the Civvy part number) - although, this may have changed.

I'll check this out the next time I'm at my local dealer's parts counter.

From previous experience, I would take anything John Craddock says, with a LARGE pinch of salt.