Series 2 V8 manifolds

Hi All, I'm giving my engine a bit of TLC as the radiator is goosed & right hand manifold is blowing, amongst other things :( 

Having removed the RH maifold theres a stud missing and another thats snapped. Ideally i'd like stainless manifolds but i cant seem to track down any options. My S2 is a doer-upper & as Ive not put it together originally, I'm trying to second guess whats been done - it looks like the left and right manifolds are different.

See pics below - right hand removed and a pic from the top down of the left hand one.  Best i can make out the part number on the RHS manifold is EPC2995 and I think i can use a discovery V8 manifold ref ERR2533 from brit part??

Ive not removed LHS yet but i can see that the exit isnt central (as RHS) and exits at the rear end of the manifold. Am i right in thinking the 2 manifolds should ideally be the same [ish] design / length?

Should i be trying to find whatever part number matches the RHS and then worrying about trying to link it to the exhuast or is the performance difference negligible in which case any offers on what the LHS part number maybe?

...and any ideas where the best place to source new manifolds might be?

Thanks

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

Edited by SlickV8
typo

I'm running disco manifolds on mine, which are a little different left and right hand and exit slightly different places. I wouldn't worry about it too much, so long as both manifolds have the same port and outlet sizes. The later ones (disco, RR etc) seem to be better port matched than the early SD1, P6 etc. so will flow better. 

I had stainless tubular manifolds and ditched them - couldn't say they added any performance but they did add tonnes of extra heat, plus clouds of steam if you drove through a puddle or off-road which is a pain in a Series.

As lo-fi says, later Disco/RR/D2 ones are fine, P38 likely won't fit and are usually cracked.

The manifold studs and brass nuts are a good upgrade - standard thread into the block then a fine thread on the nut end, and being a stud you're less likely to strip a thread in the block when doing them up.

I have RRC cast iron manifolds on my SIII 3.5/3.9 hybrid. I treated them with some ceramic coating that I had to get a special permission or exemption from the EPA because it's like a mixture of Roundup and Plutonium or something, but it did marginally diminish heat in the engine bay, a constant problem. I also have a big marine extractor fan in the passenger (RH on mine) wheel arch. It's still like the boiler room on the SS Hades in there...