Tyres BFG AT Black Lettering

Hi Folks,

Interested in the following tyres:

235/85/16 B F GOODRICH T/A KO 2 ALL TERRAIN 120S

However, keen to not have raised white lettering on the tyre walls. Believe that there is a black lettering option?

Have folks managed to source this or know whether this is an option?

Simon...

Yeah. Keen to go with black and hence the question for this thread.

Have never noticed either some folk must have the white on the inside.

Will pay more attention to other peep's tyres when raising a polite hand wave and passing Defenders in the future.

Simon...

This is the INSIDE of my Cooper ST Maxx, never even removed the protective coating from the white lettering let alone let it be on show.

Side by side with the new BFG AT KO bought to replace the ST Maxx, don't have a side on but once again you can see it was to be on the INSIDE.

DSCF0030.JPG

DSCF0019.JPG

On 8/1/2019 at 8:03 PM, Litch said:

And don't forget, it is actually illegal to have the white lettering on show, the penalty for which is a lifetime of humiliation and distain from your peers. 😉

What's the penalty for this style crime then? :rtfm:

On 8/1/2019 at 8:03 PM, Litch said:

And don't forget, it is actually illegal to have the white lettering on show, the penalty for which is a lifetime of humiliation and distain from your peers. 😉

Even worse , you'll attract admiration from the beardies  &  hipsters , possibly even cult status 🧔

2 hours ago, simonpelly said:

Putting tyre style to one side for a moment, what wheel mount are you using? Is that also a mount for Maxx Raxx bike rack? Looks like  a nice setup.

Looks like the Nakatenga one...

https://www.nakatanenga.de/en/optional-equipment/exterior/spare-wheel-carriers/1999/nakatanenga-spare-wheel-carrier-defender-sw/ht

White lettering must always be on the outside, assuming you bought a decent tyre like a BFG, and not some ****ty remould copy, Nankang dingaling or something or other, in which case go and stand in the corner!

Behold the sheer magnificence:

rova.thumb.jpg.4b1914d2db198b055a3cda1cb6e241c2.jpg

Now wondering what the coloured ones would look like though.... :ph34r::rofl:

I bought my MT KM1s 2nd hand on rims, with white lettering facing out. My choice would have been the opposite way, but I couldn't be bothered to change them. That was 15 years ago and they still have 50% tread left😁

The lettering is raised white on one side, and raised outline only on the other. The choice is yours.

10 hours ago, BogMonster said:

White lettering must always be on the outside, assuming you bought a decent tyre like a BFG, and not some ****ty remould copy, Nankang dingaling or something or other, in which case go and stand in the corner!

Behold the sheer magnificence:

rova.thumb.jpg.4b1914d2db198b055a3cda1cb6e241c2.jpg

Now wondering what the coloured ones would look like though.... :ph34r::rofl:

Do you have bright orange or green suspension parts to go with them? 😆

I think the coloured ones would look very cheap, with half the stickers having fallen off due to abrasion or sidewall flexing from needing to run at lower pressure.  I’m sure your bank statement would look unreasonably slimmer, too!

2 hours ago, Snagger said:

Do you have bright orange or green suspension parts to go with them? 😆

I think the coloured ones would look very cheap, with half the stickers having fallen off due to abrasion or sidewall flexing from needing to run at lower pressure.  I’m sure your bank statement would look unreasonably slimmer, too!

My tongue was slightly in my cheek about the coloured option :P

No, I don't have Extreme Orange springs, genuine springs which last much longer!