Discovery TD5 tyres

boaterboy

Please could somebody recommend a reasonable make of tyre for my TD5?

Size 255/65R16

Road use only.

3-4k miles per annum maximum

To be generally available, ie easily purchased make.

Also, would two new tyres on one axle only be a problem for the transmission / differentials due to differing circumference front / rear (say)?

Thank you for your help in anticipation, very much appreciated.

Goodyear have some good deals available at the moment, either online or at your local retailer, 

https://www.oponeo.ie/details-tyre/goodyear-efficientgrip-suv-255-60-r18-112-v-xl-fp#263214709

I was looking at these for my P38 (not your size, I know) but its a good site. My local guy fits and balances internet purchases for €15/ea.

Putting two on can never be recommded, but in practice if you do short journeys and low mileage it is not likely  to bite you, bear in mind that old tyres are recognised as a big safety issue now, so if the runners you plan to keep are 5yrs plus and it wasn't you that put them on then maybe change them anyway?

I'd look at the Maxxis range for that sort of use. Not sure what patterns (if any) are available in that size though. You might find 245/75R16 or 255/70R16 are alternatives to consider, if changing as a set. Both will fit.