Insane horse power?

JD12

Hi all,

I’ve got a series 2 td5 2.5 diesel with a few bits done to it already but I’m after more. It will do 100mph+ and is fantastic at sliding all fours wheels around off road. It’s got a 6”lift kit, massive wheels. sequential box (fitting it Monday), competition props, it’s stage two mapped, snorkel +K&N, uprated injectors, uprated fuel pump, decat, EGR delete etc. Really I’m looking for bigger turbo ideas and what kind of crazy HP I can push this thing too. Has anyone tried nitrous or water/meth injection?

Any advice is much welcomed. 

E25E2093-E049-4078-8ECD-68D0B6938A56.jpeg

Edited by JD12

there easy nowadays to get good bhp from. stock turbos are pushing 195bhp. all down to money. but as above, i want jose from td5inside when hes next in uk to map mine with popcorn. ther are multiply turbos etc for vavious power outputs.

im struggling to remeber the company name. buy they have a td5 pushing 295bhp running a custom darkside developments tubular manifold kit with meth and bupane.

16 hours ago, Landy-Novice said:

there easy nowadays to get good bhp from. stock turbos are pushing 195bhp. all down to money. but as above, i want jose from td5inside when hes next in uk to map mine with popcorn. ther are multiply turbos etc for vavious power outputs.

im struggling to remeber the company name. buy they have a td5 pushing 295bhp running a custom darkside developments tubular manifold kit with meth and bupane.

Not another bloody popcorn limiter 🤦‍♂️ :( 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Curious as to how much it costs to get 250+hp out of a Td5 compared to just doing an engine swap :huh:

I'm aware of a very nicely "built" td5 that has had a considerable amount of time spent on it & I'd suspect it to be in the 8/9k region, 

However the 5k I spent for 400hp seems very good value for money,

I'm interested in what sequential gearbox is being fitted as I'm a little surprised at fitting an 8k gearbox in a d2

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RedLineMike said:

I decanted to the dark side & came back with 8 spark plugs

Likewise if you've fitted 8 spark plugs to a TD5 I kinda want to see that too :rofl:

I thought it must be a swap, 400hp for 5k is about what I'd expect for an LS but it's a long time since I've looked as I can't be trusted with eBay :ph34r:

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Likewise if you've fitted 8 spark plugs to a TD5 I kinda want to see that too :rofl:

I thought it must be a swap, 400hp for 5k is about what I'd expect for an LS but it's a long time since I've looked as I can't be trusted with eBay :ph34r:

Lm7 truck motor with a cam upgrade & LS1 intake manifold 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...