Bolt length?

uninformed

I used to supply 1/4 BSF x 5/8" set screws for this application.  I can't see why you want the original length (which IIRC is 5/8") for such a trivial application, if you have the housing or an existing screw you could measure it.  I would recommend a high-tensile component as it's less likely to break when screwing it in or out.

Looking at a Series 2A Parts list 605957 dated Dec '68, together with a 'locker 210204', your 250693 is a 1/4" BSF x 5/8" Set Bolt used for 'Fixing stop to selector shaft', that is, it's part of the gearbox.

For the S2A there are two sizes of screws used with the swivel seal retainer, 10 of them are 1/4" BSF x 1/2", part number 237139, the other 2 are 250696, again 1/4" BSF; the length is not specified, but they are longer because they are the lock stop, so have to accomodate the lock nut.
Given the need to hold the lock nut, and have some thread to spare, I'd estimate a length of 1".

250696 has changed part number to SH404081, both LR Series & Craddocks confirm the sizing at 1/4 BSF x 1" long.

Double checking, the S3 parts list the swivel seal retaining screws as a combination of 250693 and SH404081, so I'm guessing it's a S3 list you are looking at.
This is not my area of interest, it's just that I have to have the information as many S3 parts have been used as S2A part alternatives.

Regards

1 hour ago, rtbarton said:

I used to supply 1/4 BSF x 5/8" set screws for this application.  I can't see why you want the original length (which IIRC is 5/8") for such a trivial application, if you have the housing or an existing screw you could measure it.  I would recommend a high-tensile component as it's less likely to break when screwing it in or out.

I dont have the swivel housings or original bolts with me. But am preparing for a custom axle build. I had searched the web and got 1/4 x 1/2 , but was supplied oem aftermarket at 1/4 x 5/8. I need my bolts to be approx 5mm longer ... but obviously I dont want them going to far inside.

22 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

Looking at a Series 2A Parts list 605957 dated Dec '68, together with a 'locker 210204', your 250693 is a 1/4" BSF x 5/8" Set Bolt used for 'Fixing stop to selector shaft', that is, it's part of the gearbox.

For the S2A there are two sizes of screws used with the swivel seal retainer, 10 of them are 1/4" BSF x 1/2", part number 237139, the other 2 are 250696, again 1/4" BSF; the length is not specified, but they are longer because they are the lock stop, so have to accomodate the lock nut.
Given the need to hold the lock nut, and have some thread to spare, I'd estimate a length of 1".

250696 has changed part number to SH404081, both LR Series & Craddocks confirm the sizing at 1/4 BSF x 1" long.

Double checking, the S3 parts list the swivel seal retaining screws as a combination of 250693 and SH404081, so I'm guessing it's a S3 list you are looking at.
This is not my area of interest, it's just that I have to have the information as many S3 parts have been used as S2A part alternatives.

Regards

Thanks again David,

yes, SIII Stage 1 V8 swivel housing , but in a custom axle application. I need my bolts for swivel seal retainer to be 5mm longer than stock. If they were 1/2, 3/4 may sufice, but if they are 5/8, ill need 7/8 (probably have to buy 1")

https://www.pegasusparts.co.uk/ourshop_90073/prod_2445609-250693-Screw-Hex-Head-BSF-x-long-Retainer-Swivel-Housing-Oil-Seal.html

the above lists as 1/2" , I bought aftermarket and they came at 5/8"......