Second Fuel Tank Exhaust modification

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of a complete rebuild after the chassis rusted apart, so I took the opportunity to get a new galavanised chassis and added the brackets for a second fuel tank.  This is a Defender 90, with 200TDI Engine.

So my problem is the rear exhaust section, I have a standard down pipe standard middle, and due to the second fuel tank can not fit the standard rear, and can not find any standard parts to exit straight out. Also I have no welding skills, so need to find an off the shelf or a custom exhaust maker, but wondering if anyone has any recommendations or ideas... been stuck at this point for ages so really want to get on to the next issue....

Edited by bongtodd
forgot to type

Have a look at the other exhaust systems.

I have a Ninety here and when we fitted the system nay years ago it was, I think, a 200 or a 300 Tdi system with plenty of space in the rear between rear axle and crossmember for the tank...

This is the TD5 rear going through the gap and the 200tdi middle at the bottom... the rear 200tdi goes through the braket on the left of the photo, not sure what the rear 300tdi is like but will it marry up with the 200tdi middle or is it a complete replacement...

8FEE1168-10CF-4670-B6F2-ECA7250DC2C3.jpeg

Edited by bongtodd

You absolutely have to use the td5/Puma rear. The 97-98 300tdi tailpipe looks like it allows loads of room for the rear tank but it fouls the tank when in place.

The 300tdi system marries up to the td5 tailpipe with a small adaptor piece but unfortunately I haven’t owned a 200tdi since early 2000s so can’t help on what is needed.