110 Roof

The roof on my 110 hard top is in bad shape (dents, kinks, holes...) I do have a roof sitting in my garden that is in great shape but it is for a 110 CSW. Trouble is that it has a hole in the roof for a sun roof which I don't have and nor do I want one. I'm thinking of two options to fill the hole with a section of aluminium sheet.

1- Weld it in place (I have no experience of welding aluminium with a MIG, but happy to have a go with practice first).

2- Drill and rivet it inplace using Sikaflex to seal it.

The latter being the easiest but not the most neat option, the former being unknown to me (can I weld aluminium sheet to Birmabright?) - What's the general opinion here?

Loads of options - have a llok at the various horse people, marine suppliers.

Cheap one may be to get something cut in slight oversize and kit it in..

Bon Courage !

Ive done a little more reading and I am leaning more towards the welding/brazing in a panel option. I've heard of durafix welding rods, which apparently you can use a map gas torch to melt the rods. Anyone had any experience of this method? How difficult is it to get good results (ie a water tight seal)?