10k boost

pinny

hmmmm redex, i like that stuff. my tdi was gutless & smokey (compared to normal, not just generally you V8 boys) flatout was about 65mph & it drank like a V8. i think an excess of SVO had gummed the rings up, two tanks of redex treated diesel & its almost back to normal, still coughing now & then - think thats as it throws the carp off the rings. but i was thinking id need to rebuild the thing this year it got that bad so im impressed with redex. will use a bit more to try & get it totally back to normal.

We actually did an almost scientific test of Redex when I worked at a kart track, we treated certain karts from the fleet and watched their lap times (all karts are the same and do a lot of miles in a day) and without fail the redexed ones dropped their lap times by around 5% relative to the non-redexed ones. That was across a lot of karts and a lot of different drivers.

I won some 10K boost in a compo a while back, apart from being very green and very expensive (was it £30 per can?) it didn't seem to do anything noticeable (unlike their advert's claims) and if I want to clean my engine I'll use a £6 bottle of redex that lasts for ages rather than a £30 spray can that you're supposed to empty in one go :blink:

Not really - the millers (VSP?) that's popular round here replaces the sulphur that's left out of supermarket diesel and that the TDi's thrive on and hate living without. V8's don't have this problem so it's just the redex to keep things gunk-free.

Not really - the millers (VSP?) that's popular round here replaces the sulphur that's left out of supermarket diesel and that the TDi's thrive on and hate living without. V8's don't have this problem so it's just the redex to keep things gunk-free.

Is that right? Miller's Diesel Plus used to do diesel.

VSP (called something else now I believe) is both lead replacement and octane booster for unleaded petrol. Adding it to super unleaded and running a 10.5:1 V8 on it is lovely, if stupidly expensive :)

AndyG

After reading the comments higher up, I decided to try some Redex Diesel in my <ahem> non-Land Rover every day car - a turbo diesel Pug. I must say the results are REMARKABLE!

It used to smoke horribly when floored at 60mph (eg when pulling out onto a motorway) - now - no smoke...

It used to suffer quite badly from what I thought was turbo-lag (and what I now suspect was incomplete combustion due to dodgy injector spray patterns) and now - it pulls clean and instant...

It used to take a couple of goes on the heaters in order to get a decent cold-start, and now - one go is enough...

It feels smoother, it sounds quieter and I am sure that when I measure it, it will give better mileage.

To everyone who suggested Redex - I say a hearty Thank You :D

Rog