TDI 200 loud knock on tickover

Gazzar

24 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

Do you need a decent cover the for the chest?  I have a spare you are welcome to, along with a 200tdi air box

if Gazzer doesn't need the airbox , i have a good place for it (does it included the clips for mounting to the inner fender ?)

3 hours ago, Gazzar said:

I've bought a new chest, Turners have them for reasonable money. 

But the air box? I'd be interested in that. Any photos?

No photos but imagine the underside of a Discovery 200tdi bonnet and that black cylinder is exactly what I have a few of... including the clips

I'm wondering if this is the best route to getting the snorkel fitted. 

Can it connect to a defender pipe?

The snorkel will be exiting,  defender style, on the drivers side, RHD.

It's a defender turbo, and I'd planned on putting the air filter somewhere on the passenger side wing.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:11 PM, Gazzar said:

I'm wondering if this is the best route to getting the snorkel fitted. 

Can it connect to a defender pipe?

The snorkel will be exiting,  defender style, on the drivers side, RHD.

It's a defender turbo, and I'd planned on putting the air filter somewhere on the passenger side wing.

I used a 19J filter housing mounted behind the left side of the road/intercooler assembly.  I have the intake reducer fitted to the inlet, and that connects to the snorkel and left side (200Tdi) wing duct and intake using the flexible air hose normally used on the 12J and 19J snorkels.  The top outlet of the filter housing runs straight to the turbo inlet.  The steel reducer on the filter inlet also has a port for the breather hose, so my filter catches what oil mist comes from the breather and engine runaway is a concern I don’t have to face (it also keeps the induction system spotlessly clean).  I do use a K&N filter because of the oil vapour - a standard one would become clogged and soggy and could ultimately break up, while the K&N filters better the dirtier it gets and is kept moist.  I did fit the plastic shroud from the top of a standard filter to the K&an so the worst of the oil is spun off by the vanes and ends up in the base pan of the housing for easy wiping up on services.

I think you’ll be able to see it reasonably clearly on my blog photos, if it sounds appropriate to you.

• 1 month later...