Clutch help Hambledon hants

Hi Guys I have a 1996 Defender 90csw. Today the Clutch pedal went to the floor. I then pulled it up and now it's solid will not move.Me thinks I need a new clutch.Is there anyone in my area that could fix it. I could put it inside my barn if  power or light is required.Any other suggestions welcome. My Post code is PO7 4RA I am hoping not to be off the road for long?

Most likely scenario is a failure of the clutch release mechanism, probably the pivot punching through the clutch fork. Either way the gearbox and engine need splitting so you'll be putting a full clutch etc. in anyway.

Can't help with fixing it I'm afraid but if you've got an engine crane, or can borrow one, it's not too difficult a job. There's a guide in the tech archive.

There's West4x4 at Waltham Chase, Keith Gott at Alton, or if you've got a barn and something that can lift an engine it's fairly DIYable.

Might be worth an ask on the ShireLRC Facebook group or just pop up Portsdown hill this evening to Mick's Monster Burger as we're gathering up there for a burger and chin wag :D

Edit: I might be able to lend you an engine crane, especially if you could collect it this evening.

Brittanica Restorations in Ontario (he’s actually a Yorkshireman expat) does a very good fork mod using a nylon bearing, much like the everlasting Series III forks, Mail order.  I don’t know how costly or quickly he could get one to you, but it’s a better mod than the usual flat bar or washer welded behind the pivot point.

Not all that relevant to the issue, but when I lived in the UK many, many years ago I lived in East Street Hambledon - was a great little village that used to have a small garage at the northern end - was able to work on my V12 Etype but is probably not there any longer.

Garry

On 8/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

There's West4x4 at Waltham Chase, Keith Gott at Alton, or if you've got a barn and something that can lift an engine it's fairly DIYable.

Might be worth an ask on the ShireLRC Facebook group or just pop up Portsdown hill this evening to Mick's Monster Burger as we're gathering up there for a burger and chin wag :D

Edit: I might be able to lend you an engine crane, especially if you could collect it this evening.

Thanks for that I have contacted West 4x4 Waltham Chase as thats near.Unfortunately he is away until Tues 27th

• 2 weeks later...