L322 Locked out

Simon_CSK

I am looking after someone's L322 and it is currently parked in my field out of the way and doesn't really need moved often.

Today I went to jump start it and left the key in the ignition and shut the door. When I went back to it to try and start it the doors were locked and I now cannot get into it. The button on the drivers door is up suggesting it is unlocked but the door handle isn't doing anything. Can anyone tell me how to get into this car or is it a case of putting a brick through the window?

18 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

I am looking after someone's L322 and it is currently parked in my field out of the way and doesn't really need moved often.

Today I went to jump start it and left the key in the ignition and shut the door. When I went back to it to try and start it the doors were locked and I now cannot get into it. The button on the drivers door is up suggesting it is unlocked but the door handle isn't doing anything. Can anyone tell me how to get into this car or is it a case of putting a brick through the window?

Hi Simon , I would see if the owner had a spare key first before putting a window through mate . Have you tried the other doors & are all of the buttons sticking up ?

Just now, P38 Paul said:

Hi Simon , I would see if the owner had a spare key first before putting a window through mate . Have you tried the other doors & are all of the buttons sticking up ?

Paul 

The owner is incommunicado and don't know when he will be back. I have had the car since March.

All the other buttons are down and yes I have tried all the doors and the boot. It is currently in front of my trailer but if I need to move it I will attach my Disco to the front of it and tow it out of the way.

Just now, Ed Poore said:

Is there any resistance to the door handle? It's not unheard of for the cable to the handle to snap and thus won't allow you to open it from the outside.

THe handle does feel like it is connected.

23 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

Ignition on or off?

If it's on can you put a screwdriver / crow-bar to prise open the window and trigger a window to go down?

Tyre lever in the passenger door and prised open the top until I could get a wooden curtain rod in. Once it I have to hold the button for the boot release and then climbed in the boot. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/6/2020 at 7:44 PM, Truckerdaz said:

HELP  l322 rr hse 03 plate car dead locked fob doesn't  work and lock broken by rac  cannot get into car any ideas people 

Does your RAC policy come with a key replacement? Mine does and have used it a couple of times without any hastle. Car has to be Taxed, MOT'd and insured in your name to qualify.