dodgy body - nice bone structure

OilIT

Having just stripped the shell of my project disco, I was stunned at just how much perforated rust was in the shell - a 1990.

I knew the sills were bad, and the drivers side rear wheelarch, but after i cut the roof off, i managed by hand to pull the b pillar off the sill on both sides, and the rear quarter that was left took about two inches of grinder on the rear door strengthener bit and then they pulled off as well !! (the floor had been replaced, but this didnt do anything for the structural integrity of the inner panel behind where the dicky seats were)

I wish I had taken pictures - its unbelievable !!

Inner wings tomorrow - given they look no better I am hoping i can pull them off as well !!

The chassis on the other hand is in remarkably good condition - even the back end is solid - is there any form of grp body or any modification which can be done on the disco chassis - to make it useful again or is it just transplant material or scrap value only?

oilit

You can build a Tomcat on the Disco Chassis, or pretty much anything that can be done with a range rover I guess - Dakar etc....

Mark

Mark, sorry - must have been having a blond moment - I always thought they were 90 based only - just been to the website and have learnt a thing or two today !

Thanks !