The time has finally come...new chassis time

L19MUD

4 hours ago, steve b said:

Make your own ? If you draw it I can CNC plasma cut it for sure .

cheers

Steve b 

Steve, that is a very exciting proposition, but is something like this realistic if I could get it drawn? 

Thanks

Sam

Project_T-Fender_16-1200x675.jpg.e4fff6484c3afb92214f4e5fc7f08ad1.jpg

1 hour ago, western said:

I had to do mine outside, wish I had a workplace & lift like that.

I know I'm lucky to be able to have the kit. 

Got everything apart and ready to lift it off. Tried to see if it would come apart easily but it won't. I have either missed something or its jammed or stuck. Need a break and try again tomorrow 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, steve b said:

I don't see why not , and of course by making it you can incorporate your own mods. and features . Have a think about what you want from it and sketch some stuff up and we can get together and talk it over .

cheers

Steve

Steve - thanks for the offer but I found a brand new one for sale and have bitten the bullet and bought it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve b said:

No worries , they are nice bumpers . Good progress on the strip down too , are you painting the chassis ?

Steve

Dropped off this morning to someone I usually use for shotblasting and spraying. He is going to T wash then two coats of two pack satin black 👍🏻

24 minutes ago, reb78 said:

This is interesting - the ramp looks very similar to mine so I plan to do it this way. I have wheels free beams which i think can be used on the outside of the car in the same way as your scaffold trestles. Good work.

Mine also is wheels free but only one beam moves so I couldn't get them far enough out to pick up on the bulkhead feet. 

I had to use two farm Jack's at the front until I had enough space to get a bar above the gearbox

I've heard mixed opinions in the past with some people saying that waxoyl actually traps moisture against the steel work and may enhance corrosion over the years. I think if you were to do it in a proper heated spray booth then that might help though? If i ever get round to doing my chassis i think i'll probably coat the inside as my current one seems to be rotting from the inside out.

On another note, did you keep the earthing points covered when the satin paint was going on or will you remove the paint later?

48 minutes ago, paime said:

On another note, did you keep the earthing points covered when the satin paint was going on or will you remove the paint later?

I had not thought of that. I have painted it all and will just clean a small area for each earth point