Series 2a 88 glass fibre hard top and door

steve b

Hi

Has anyone come across a GRP replica hard top and rear door ? A quick google found a US supplier of similar for Defender 90's but nothing for series Land Rovers

117353109_GRPseries88hardtopanddoor(1).thumb.JPG.fdc44dde7bc5704935b8939d67e53b96.JPG1563358480_GRPseries88hardtopanddoor(2).thumb.JPG.6850f6c2390e47cc44ebbf18b6febe3a.JPG

sorry about the picture quality , my antique mobile camera is somewhat variable

cheers

Steve b

I know of one, but it's a bit far away, in Cape Town.                                                                                                                                                                                 Besides, I doubt the owner would sell it as it is earmarked for a project.

Santana had GRP roofs, with or without alpine windows..

Several companies in the UK made in the '70's - '90s all kind of GRP roof in many different shapes and sizes.

image.png.4aa2d6a9b736c34396d5e931db3ef12a.png

This is a Dutch one....

Yes , I've seen several different conversion GRP hard tops or complete rear bodies , just never seen an accurate replica of the standard aluminium one or rear door before . The images I've seen of 88" Santana HT's are a different shape to the aluminium one . I'll take a couple of pic's of the outside of it later when it stops raining .

cheers

Steve b