Wolf half shafts

DC_

Morning gang, so my mate has bought an ex UN wolf 1997. He’s looking at replacing the halfshafts as they re clunking. Upon receiving the parts he discovered that they are too short. Could someone shed some light on part numbers for the shafts please? He came across the all in one shaft and drive flange but only wants the shafts. 

Thanks guys

1 hour ago, western said:

The are not Salisbury axles, but suitably strengthened RR P38 type for military use. 

That's odd as my mate has a recently released 1996 wolf and that's running a salisbury axle which is why I thought they were salisbury at that age. 

Thought the p38 was from about 2001.

More new info to put in the memory bin. Everyday a school day. 

Edited by Tim2809

10 minutes ago, Tim2809 said:

Ftc4996 from bearmach is £34 

The thing is, when he ordered it last week they sent that part number but they were too short. Used RRC ones for the time being and they fitted ok with sealed drive flanges... I think he’s ordered the £300 one !! 😱😱

30 minutes ago, Tim2809 said:

That's odd as my mate has a recently released 1996 wolf and that's running a salisbury axle which is why I thought they were salisbury at that age. 

Thought the p38 was from about 2001.

More new info to put in the memory bin. Everyday a school day. 

Not its original axle, or not a genuine Wolf - they had the same rear axle as the later TD5 and TDCI, but reinforced with gussets.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

Blimey, the price went up quick !

Have we left the EU already and tied ourselves to the Argentinian economy ?

:rofl:

I hope not ... if you think Brexit is gonna be bad for the economy, wait until after the Argies have put the lunatic party back in power in October and you'll see what an economy in freefall looks like :ph34r:

Inflation to date this year is about 54% ... and that's with the sensible (ish) lot still in charge (just).