Hi, I have a 2010 FR2 HSE 4TD, I fitted a new radiator, after 400km the top hose popped out and the car overheated rapidly. I put the hose back and clipped it properly, my fault. Since then I kept on driving , as I was very far from home and drove another 2000 km, only problem was loss of coolant, I found new o-rings for my expansion tank cap, and the loss of coolant was far less. Every time I drive more than 50km to stop, I have to ad 1,5 liter water.I can drive 300km non stop, it only takes 1,5 L, I did put some Molyslip in, I also helped a lot. There is no water in oil, no loss of power, no steam build up, there is just a little bit of pressure release when removing the expansion tank cap.Before I go and pull the head off, could there perhaps any other reason the loss of coolant. When I slow down before I stop, I do get a feint smell of coolant, but there is no leaks anywhere.

• 1 year later...

I had a problem where the return from the expansion tank was leaking at the engine manifold ,this driped on my alternator and ruined it ,replaced alternator, got rid if the quick connect used a bit of rubber hose and jubalie clips no leak any more.

The other spot to check us the bypass hose they crao out after a while.