Nice Aux Dash Panel

Team Idris

In the late 1980’s teenage me made a wooden dash panel to take extra switches. None came with the vehicle, but it had clearly been panelled out in the past. (Plenty of screw holes)

This year I have been tarting it up a bit, so I have fabricated a new panel in 2mm aluminium. I also wanted the pocket on the right hand side back, so all is now in one auxiliary panel (mostly)

84D41C7E-F327-41DF-AB7F-285186FEF98E.jpeg

SimonB I did wonder that? They aren’t to bad to assemble. Just made a glove-shelf one for the other side of the steering wheel. (Shelf never deep enough)

SteveB the white speedo? Never figured out. I wondered if it was actually a ministry of defence thing? Assuming that it was a Morris minor or the likes was lazy thinking. Seen another military Landy with a white one this year.

Arjan Thanks :D

701C7E30-7B65-4613-A673-8C3DBB36AEAD.jpeg

The shelf extension worked okay. I made it square and the landrover shelf isn’t :)

Also noticed that the door rubber had snapped. I guess it is the 1958 one? Anyhoo, turned around and parked ready to pull the gearbox and hunt for the rumbling bearing...

5648B6CB-637F-42A5-94CB-FEE4FE4ED55F.jpeg

• Like 1