New dash for the 110

Bought some years ago a 110 that was involved in accident, so did a rebuild new chassis, new engine, new wings etc but only discovered later on that the driver hit the heater channel on the bulkhead with his knee and ruined it. 'warm' air arrived on the feet but nothing on the window.

I found a dash with Bowy Odink with 3 cover plates

So everything out

Dash1.jpg

The grey box is folded by hand in alu and connected to the blower. Two holes on top to go to the left and right part of the front window

Later on I added 2 small holes at the sides that go to the left and right of the dash as demister for the windows in the doors

A first presentation to see if everything fits

Dash2.jpg

The black box in the middle I found in Newbury, but the gearstick needs to be bent a bit 

Dash3.jpg

A first mockup, position of speedo is due to the lack of depth because of the airtube behind

dash2.jpg

Still using the original TD5 switches and the holder for them

dash1.jpg

The blower is now via a pwm and works very good

dash4.jpg

Some weeks later I found a double din radio with Carplay and input for front and rear camera so changed layout again

dash11.jpg

Next step is to fit the tripmaster and some other stuff

Edited by henk
  • Like 1

I really like how easy that is to strip out and change or service. Having 3 panels like that is a great design 👍🏻

On 10/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, Cynic-al said:

You also seem to have a lot of compressors and air lockers :blink:

Is it an 8 wheeler ? 😮
0E9DFB67-EC2A-47A8-8692-23E9A7D3D416.jpeg.5b4f232dd64b24c87e425aa59e51738d.jpeg

Position of the panels is maybe not 100%,  but indeed 3 panels makes it a lot easier to access for example the wiper motor.

I suggested to make new dash versions deeper at the top resulting in more vertical instruments but then you have more space for the window ventilation and more depth for double din radio and cb

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

Was :P Until it all got wound up as if I remember correctly the couple that owned it had been embezzling money from her family or something? :unsure: 

Well everyone likes a bit of cream! 

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Yeah, it makes me think "what a prat, bet he'd sell any old cack" :lol:

It didn't have any orange parts or the word extreem on it, that's why you don't like it. 

26 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

:lol: now I'm wondering if this is the same guy that had the D2 on Unimog axles that was about 10ft tall and equally stupid?

It was! Green one with a bright orange extreeeeeeeeeme cage!

This was the issue: https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2017/07/15/woman-jailed-for-600000-family-firm-fraud-/

250 hours unpaid work for £660,000 is alright! A lady in our village got 100 hours for £30,000 benefit fraud and I thought that was good at £30 an hour after deductions. 

My Range Rover went down that way, think it was frome though. Maybe he could max extreeem it like I never could :lol:

4 hours ago, Cynic-al said:

In the North? Oh no, nothing South of Doncaster is the North, it's all darn sarf to us :hysterical: 

Anything North of the M4 is North; and as such grim, dark, satanic and brooding, full of whippets, ferrets and rather pleasant beer

• Haha 1

We will have to compromise that anything between the M4 and Doncaster is the Midlands, where they have funny accents, strange pass times and extra toes. I think this will be where your satanic brooding is also based, as the folk north of Doncaster wouldn't entertain such nonsense, we don't have time between the ferreting, pigeon fancying and badger baiting. :lol:

22 hours ago, Cynic-al said:

We will have to compromise that anything between the M4 and Doncaster is the Midlands, where they have funny accents, strange pass times and extra toes. I think this will be where your satanic brooding is also based, as the folk north of Doncaster wouldn't entertain such nonsense, we don't have time between the ferreting, pigeon fancying and badger baiting. :lol: