steering clash

Looking for help! I converted my 1986 2.5 na defender to a TDI with a Discovery 200 TDI engine about 10 yrs ago. now I am moving to Spain to retire, i am rather attached to my 110 having bought it direct from the Military 14 yrs ago and done many modifications to it. I have started converting to left hand drive. but have come across a problem that the steering column and the Turbo clash. The only way round this I can see is change the manifold and turbo to a defender one which are hard to find. Anyone have another solution or parts for sale

58 minutes ago, hurbie said:

on my 110 LHD , they removed the collapsible joint , and fitted a straight shaft .

if you want i can make some pictures tomorrow

Thanks, some pictures would be really helpful, if possible could you measure the length of the shaft as i think it would need to be longer. thanks for the help

i believe the shaft is the same for LHD/RHD , on my car they removed the collapsible joint and welded the 2 remaining bits together , reinforcing with a piece of tubing.

not my favorite solution , but as you say defender manifolds are hard to find.

20191012_165152.jpg

20191012_165211.jpg

20191012_165220.jpg

50 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

19j manifolds are relatively plentiful though ...

Mo

I think the studs are in a different place on the 19J. I was thinking of putting a defender 200tdi inlet manifold on my 19J for intercooling but Ralph pointed out this problem. 

On 10/12/2019 at 4:31 PM, hurbie said:

i believe the shaft is the same for LHD/RHD , on my car they removed the collapsible joint and welded the 2 remaining bits together , reinforcing with a piece of tubing.

not my favorite solution , but as you say defender manifolds are hard to find.

20191012_165152.jpg

20191012_165211.jpg

20191012_165220.jpg

thanks for the help and photo's . my turbo seems at a completely different angle can it be turned that amount or is yours a different turbo, i have attached photo as can't see that i can turn turbo?

20191015_102524148_iOS.jpg