New 'Not' Defender INEOS on the BBC

GBMUD

Trunkee had a registered design for their suitcase, they had used lovely 3D renderings on the application, the product was copied so they went to court, they lost as the copy was a different colour. If they had used line drawings in the application they would've won. Patents are a great way to pay for the legal professions golf membership whilst going bankrupt. 

I believe the ford ranger is now a 2 litre with 1 or 2 turbos and a 6 speed manual or 10 speed auto. Not sure if they have adblue. Isuzu always argued they only brought the 1.9 here and not the 3 litre was it avoided the need for adblue but I've heard the new 1.9 will have it. 

I have it in my pickup, £8 does 3,000 miles, I feel like I'm really making a difference to the environment as I'm throwing away the sturdy 10 litre plastic bottle with pouring spout that it comes in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GBMUD said:

Is it not recyclable PET?

Chris

If you can find somewhere that will take it. There are lots of recyclable items that are almost impossible to get recycled. Mind I drive a gas guzzling recycled car, that really messes with the greenys when I point out my car is greener than theirs. :i-m_so_happy:

Mike

Adblue is to reduce nox and I believe is made synthetically now, rather than the natural product. Some lorry drivers just pee in the adblue tank so that it has something to pump out the exhaust. 

Initially I saved them with the intention of refilling them at the pump which would be a cost saving, but I couldn't be bothered so I have been giving them away to people who have been using them for things like mixing weed killer or 2 stroke fuel. 

I can send them for recycling via my kerbside collection, I get a small wheelie bin every fortnight, trouble is I would have to cut them up to get them in which seems like effort and will probably mean they get rejected at the other end. Recycling plastic is very difficult, there are thousands of grades in each family which alters every property of the material so not many people are not willing to use it as it makes the processing of it difficult and effects the properties of the final product. A lot of the collected plastic used to go to to China but they stopped taking it as they didn't to take the worlds waste, which is amusing as they're the worst offender for dumping tonnes of poor quality plastic tat on the world. There are some products which are manufactured in the UK deliberately to get rid of waste plastic, one is the plastic garden fencing and another is extruded multi layer plastic pipe where there is good quality plastic on the outsides and junk in the middle as a filler. The biggest problem is we just don't make enough stuff here to use it. I work in a plastics factory as we recycle our own waste but would never buy it in. 

• 3 weeks later...

The thot plickens...……..

Ineos Automotive has named major automotive engineering firm Magna Steyr as its engineering partner for the development of its forthcoming Grenadier 4x4.

The British firm, owned by chemical magnate Jim Ratcliffe, is developing the machine as a no-compromise off-roader in the mould of the original Land Rover Defender. The Grenadier is due to go into production in 2021, at a new facility in Bridgend, Wales.

Advertisement

Ineos has already involved a number of partners in the £600 million project, and already works with Magna’s powertrain division on chassis and development work. It has now agreed a deal with Austrian-based Magna Steyr to lead the development project to turn the concept into a series production machine.

Ineos Automotive boss Dirk Heilmann said that the “transition from concept to series development is a major landmark in the evolution of the Grenadier.” He added that Magna Steyr had been chosen due to its “long heritage and experience in 4x4 development.”

The Grenadier will be powered by BMW’s latest 3.0-litre straight six petrol and diesel engines. The firm is also working with Stuttgart-based consultancy MBTech on engineering for the new car.

Magna Steyr is the automobile production arm of Canadian engineering giant Magna International, and has developed cars, technology and parts for manufacturers including BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar. It also operated a number of contract manufacturing plants, producing models including the Jaguar E-Pace and I-Pace and Mercedes-Benz G-Class.

Magna Steyr was formed in 2001 from the Steyr-Daimler-Puch manufacturing concern, which had a long history of developing rugged off-road and military 4x4 vehicles, including the Steyr-Daimler-Puch Pinzgauer.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, HampshireHog said:

I thought at one time the military used them .

Well the military use the G-Wagen, Pinzgauer, used to use the Iltis, Steyr Puch also made quite a few military trucks although they often had a different cab - mate's got a Puch 4WD 17.5 tonner but the cab says Iveco on it even though it's got a Puch air-cooled V6 diesel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...