P38 Cabin Heater

Simon_CSK

My P38 O rings have gone and don't think I will have much of a problem replacing them jusdging by what I have read. 

I also noticed that the heater blower wasn't blowing and seem to remember that also was a common fault. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, daveturnbull said:

There are 2, so if they both stopped working at the same time I'd be looking at fuses, or a faulty HVAC unit.

Dave

One was US the last time I used the car in 2016 (eek that long) the other is not working now I have finally got the car running. I take it the HVAC unit is the digital display inside the cabin.

The blower motors each have a fuse (34 and 43) and relay (6 and 7) in the engine compartement fuse box, to supply power. Each blowermotor also has a built-in relay, controlled by the HEVAC. So not that easy to check, unfortunately. If you can read the fault codes, that could provide a clue, there is a feedback line from the motors to the HEVAC. Wiring is direct, only connectors at the HEVAC and blower end, so that is unlikely to be the problem.

Filip

Thanks guys.

The car has been laid up for over 3 years so the sensible thing, in the absence of a computer, is to check the fuses and work from there. As it has been so long I couldn't even say which fan wasn't working.

Will let you know what I find.