R380 Bell housing casting #HRC2642

Emah

Hello everyone, I’m new to the group and I’m trying to confirm I have the right bell housing for my V8 LT77 to R380 conversion.  
I have 93 NAS D110 with a 4.6L engine and an LT77.  I’m planning on converting to an R380 from Ashcroft but having a hell of a time confirming that I have found the right bell housing.
Someone here in the states has HRC2642 but I’m not sure what it’s from or if this will work. No part number just the casting #.  One person told me he thinks this is from a V8 DI with an R380 and that it should fit my application.  Is anyone able to confirm this for me?  
Any advice or inf in this bell housing as well as advice on doing the tranny conversion is much appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Ed

A55123A3-56AA-4A60-8435-B760C49E8BC7.jpeg

Edited by Emah
Error

Ok, so there is still now answer to my question.

Is this a LONG V8 R380 bell housing?

Western-that link doesn't tell me anything I didn't know.  I know what those 2 part numbers are but we don't know what their casting numbers are so it doesn't help.

Does anyone have a V8 long bell housing laying around that you could check the casting number on it?  I thought DI R380 were a dime a dozen in the UK junkyards is what I was told.  

There are several casting numbers for different periods of production, I have seen different shaped V8 R380 bellhousings but they all fit.

As I said the LT77 and R380 bellhousings are almost identical apart from the length. Measure that one you have and it should tell you whether it will fit or not. Mine is in a garage a couple of hundred miles away so I can’t double check, but if I remember correctly the LT77 unit is 12” long and the R380 is 11” - face to face.

Manual V8s are not common in the UK. Not super-rare, but the gearboxes and specifically bellhousings aren’t that easy to find. To the extent that Ashcrofts were at one point making new ones - although I can’t find it on their website so perhaps they’ve stopped.

• Like 1

Found it:

https://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/r380-v8-bellhousing.html

If all else fails then could be an option.

You’ll note the description says it’s from a Discovery 2 Thor engine, this is what I mean by different castings. It looks different to the ‘normal’ V8 R380 bellhousing from the Discovery 1 and Range Rover Classic era, but will fit fine. Different castings though so casting number is not a guaranteed for fitment ID.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emah said:

Ok, so there is still now answer to my question.

Is this a LONG V8 R380 bell housing?

Western-that link doesn't tell me anything I didn't know.  I know what those 2 part numbers are but we don't know what their casting numbers are so it doesn't help.

Does anyone have a V8 long bell housing laying around that you could check the casting number on it?  I thought DI R380 were a dime a dozen in the UK junkyards is what I was told.  

The 3rd, 4th,5th part numbers are all for V8  engined vehicles, the casting number has no bearing on the part numbet

• Like 1

I should have specified that I don't have the bell housing in my possession yet that is why I was trying to verify the fit before sending the funds.  So, at this point, Im going to take a gamble and buy it hope that it is the correct part.  I also don't have the R380 yet.  Ashcroft has about 2 more weeks before it is sent to me.  Thanks for everyones help and advice.  It is much appreciated!!

On 10/31/2019 at 11:45 AM, Retroanaconda said:

How long is the bellhousing from face to face?

The LT77 and R380 V8 bellhousings are almost identical except that the R380 version is 1” shorter.

Once I get it, I will measure it and hopefully it is 275 mm.  

On 11/4/2019 at 11:46 PM, Retroanaconda said:

I’m sure the seller could measure it for you.

It’s been like pulling teeth to get him to answer that question. I already emailed him several times to just send it to me. We’ll see if he responds positively to my phone call. Thanks!