OT- yes again I know!!!!

Guest MJG

Just got a very nice digicam but the movie files it records are in *mov format.

Advice needed as to how I merge several movies recorded in *.mov format into one movie. Needs to be no cost if poss, lowest cost if not..........

tia

google for freeware .mov converter

here's a download that should do what you need [apparently] rad video tools

then once you've converted the files to ".asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv"

windows movie maker — included free with xp

first 'import into collections' the files into movie maker

then add the scenes to your project in order [in case one .mov file is split into several clips, ctrl-A select all then put in the project]

then once you've added all the scenes you want for one file, 'save movie file' — it'll be a .wmv file then, it takes a while for higher quality / longer movies; compression is good, eg 5 minutes at 2.1 Mbps quality compresses to 80MB — there's nothing stopping you from converting it back to .mov afterwards I suppose

here's a listing of 300 possible merging programs for you to browse

HTH

Many thanks for that pretty comprehensive reply.

I do use Wndows MM a lot so I am familiar with the second bit it was the merging of mov files I was struggling with - but not for much longer. :i-m_so_happy:

Many thanks

Guest diesel_jim

I use windows MM sometimes, for, ahem, making one long clip from several shorter ones (you know the type... you only get them in 20second parts.... :rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r: from those websites.... :moglite: )

works really well.

I use windows MM sometimes, for, ahem, making one long clip from several shorter ones (you know the type... you only get them in 20second parts.... :rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r: from those websites.... :moglite: )

works really well.

Tut, disgraceful :angry:

Must try it some time :ph34r:

Many thanks for that pretty comprehensive reply.

I do use Wndows MM a lot so I am familiar with the second bit it was the merging of mov files I was struggling with - but not for much longer. :i-m_so_happy:

Many thanks

MM this needs a bit of further work....... mov files converted to avi using this prog, which seems to be the only option to Win MM users displays a very jittery outcome........

Back to the drawing board and thanks for your reply.....