300Tdi Camshaft seal replacement write up?

DC_

Morning gang, the mate has discovered the usual oil leak and thought it was the crank seal, getting it all stripped down etc he’s noticed the cam seal is also in need of replacement. 

Is there a tech archive thread on how to do the cam seal and get the sprocket off etc? He’s said the manual mentions something about using two bolts but as usual the “book of lies” isn’t too clear.

Thanks in advance 😊👍

When I've done mine in the past, I've just ensured the locking pin is in the flywheel and with the old belt still on, slackened the central camshaft nut. It isn't stupid tight like the crankshaft pulley bolt. 

Check timing marks on all 3 sprockets are aligned. The old belt can then be removed , the sprocket should still be aligned with the timing marks and the central sprocket bolt removed.

The sprocket is keyed to the shaft with a dowel. The old seal can be hooked out and a new one fitted. Align sprocket with dowel. Fit bolt, check alignment with marks. I usually fully tighten the bolt when the new belt is on, or use the old belt wrapped around the sprocket to hold it still whilst you tighten the bolt. Make sure its all aligned after tightening with the timing mark.

• Like 1