Air vent seals. Need help before I go mad!!

Hi,

I am new to working on Defenders. I have bought a 1990 registered 1989 manufactured Defender 90.

Having been someone else’s project it needs finishing. This significant because I am having to put back together things that I did not take apart.

The vent seals are not fitted. I duly ordered some manufactured by AllMakes part no MUC4299. 
They do not fit. They are approximately 20mm too long. 
Can anyone tell me where I can source a part that will fit or why these don’t fit?

Also I’m told by Paddock Spares they are designed to fit  to the flap not the bulkhead. This doesn’t look right to me  at all. Is that right?

Edited by Boomeister

The exact opposite of my experience - Genuine ones fit, work and last well but Britpart are universally terrible, wrong shape and poor glue. One of the first jobs I did on my 90 years ago and one of many early experiences that led me to steer away from that particular company.

I also prefer the later foam type.

I bought genuine LR  2 years ago, didn’t fit properly, Vents wouldn’t close correctly due to foam density, even after a few month in position, fell off as soon as summer arrived. Bought a pair of britpart as a stop gap- fit perfectly, allow the vents to close correctly and still in position 2 years on.

So I bought a set of these last week, for my new bulkhead and they're a foam mix, there's a layer of hard foam and a soft layer which I presume it to address the above issue, quite impressed with the quality, they'll get fitted next week.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-90-110-130-OEM-BULKHEAD-VENT-SEALS-JAE000030G/271115019742?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I'd go take a picture but its flippin freezing out tonight, I'll take one tomorrow.