LWB rear tub measurement

uninformed

I think I have all I need for now, at least until I have a tub in my hands so to speak. 110 hardtops and pickups are very very rare here, even stage 1s are hard to come by, and then it has to be parted out. And while the perentie army 110 has a hardtop tub its quite modified and has holes in it for locker boxes etc that create problems for me. Im thinking the series will be best suited.

I intend on cutting it down at the rear of side filler and will try and form the folded edge. Hopefully use my rear bulkhead and its mounting points. And then the rear will be shortend somewhere between LWB and SWB overhang. 

Im currently working on my chassis outriggers for rear bulkhead as they had to be clearanced over my trailing arms and strengthend.

thanks for your time and help so far.

That's a good choice of pic's Gazzar , the 9.00-16's show the wheel position in the arch well .

I've never understood the reasoning with the 88" vs. 109" tub BH , I suppose it gives a slightly larger load bed on the 88 , but 2" ?

I do like the sound of this project , some nice ergonomic mods

cheers

Steve b 

8 hours ago, uninformed said:

Well bugger me... I never would have thought that.

Hopefully I can make this all work on mine....

here are a couple pics of my rear bulkhead.

BE0B0F58-ADE3-407D-8402-95FBFCEF5A7F.jpeg

You see the shelf at the bottom of the bulkhead there?  88s don’t have that - the bulkhead goes straight to the back of the seat base.  The bottom of the 88 bulkhead is vertical, then it slopes back, so it’s the opposite of what Defenders and 109s have.  That’s why 109s have the seat back braces along the top of the bulkhead - they keep the seat back in the same position as on an 88 where the 88 seats lean directly against the bulkhead.

The front tanks have a filler at the back end of their top surface.  On the 88, it comes up through a hole in the wheel box behind the bulkhead, and has a bolt on cover to protect the filler neck and hose from loads, sort of similar to the rear light internal covers.  I’m pretty sure that on a 109, the neck would come up through that shelf and in front of the bulkhead, but that might require the body fittings and port for the filler to be closer to the door than on an 88 to avoid the front face of the bulkhead.  I’m not sure - I’ve never seen one in the flesh: I installed front tanks to augment my rear tank, but used the type used for MoD vehicles and as an optional extra second tank for civil markets that use an under-seat filler cap.

Some good info there @Snagger thanks. I’ll be custom building the fuel tank or tanks. Should still be able to have some rear just not full 110 size and maybe a secondary somewhere. 

I got a little time in today on my rear bulkhead body outriggers. This is a factory new item I have modified. I have capped the top in 3mm plate and will be plating in the bottom as well. 

67F1354C-4F68-42F3-B5EA-AD55AC20D27B.jpeg