EKA Code use? letters not numbers.

petrolhead63

This relates to my other post of a stranded TD5. I have the EKA code and the handbook gives lovely instructions of how to enter it using the key, but using numbers/digits.

My code has three letters and a number.

What numbers do I use?

I thought it worth a try, it may work to turn off the immobiliser and help diagnose the fault.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, JUKE179r said:

IMHO... Find someone with a Foxwell, Hawkeye or Nanocom to help change that EKA code to something easier to input and remember.

If you do that you need to be sure that you don't forget the new code. I would sooner I can call up Landrover and ask them.

• Like 1

A couple of the Land Rover stealerships in my East Anglia area charge 80+ quid to retrieve the EKA Code. That is ridiculous for a 10 second scan.

I do it for free (or for a beer!) for forum members in the local area with my Nanocom.

Edited by JUKE179r

Land rover customer care were happy to help directly with proof of ownership e-mailed to them. I had it very quickly and they could not have been more helpful on the phone.

The issue with this is until it was unlocked/disarmed the Hawkeye could not even be plugged in!

I have left it as LR...as said useful to know it is on their records too!

• 2 months later...

So usual problem of a 2001 P38 EKA lockout following battery drain. Vehicle did not respond to EKA procedure, any procedure no repeater lights, dash lights, not even KEY CODE LOCKOUT to an incorrect code. Fitted a new Optima battery but disconnecting and reconnecting battery resulted in dash KEY CODE LOCKOUT and a 30 minute wait, which I considered odd. Still no EKA joy and a telephone diagnosis advised that the BeCM was locked out and needed resetting. Decided to remove BeCM and send to Turner Diagnostics in Hemel Hempstead (https://www.turnerdiagnostics.com/). BeCM now been returned having been reset and am preparing to refit to car. With BeCM refitted I then need to reconnect battery. Question to those who know more than me: Will this re-connection result in KEY CODE LOCKOUT and will I have to attempt EKA procedure again? Any helpful advice appreciated. 

As Ben says, you should have checked the lock first...

If the BECM has been unlocked, you shouldn't need the EKA-code. But if the microswitches have failed, you're bound the face the same problem again when (not if) the fob loses synchronisation. The alarm system actually isn't too bad, as long as you have a mimimum of working components (like the lock) and information (like the EKA).

Filip