petrolhead63

EKA Code use? letters not numbers.

This relates to my other post of a stranded TD5. I have the EKA code and the handbook gives lovely instructions of how to enter it using the key, but using numbers/digits.

My code has three letters and a number.

What numbers do I use?

I thought it worth a try, it may work to turn off the immobiliser and help diagnose the fault.

Letters are A= 10, B=11,C=12 etc.

HTSH

thanks, got it! priceless even the code given is a riddle! no idea if it will work but it may at least enable me to get in the garage if it starts it haha

There is a proceedure to opening it. The locksmith who did mine once the code was inputted left it 5 minutes before opening the car.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, petrolhead63 said:

priceless even the code given is a riddle

It's hexadecimal, fairly sure the manual mentions it.

IMHO... Find someone with a Foxwell, Hawkeye or Nanocom to help change that EKA code to something easier to input and remember.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, JUKE179r said:

IMHO... Find someone with a Foxwell, Hawkeye or Nanocom to help change that EKA code to something easier to input and remember.

If you do that you need to be sure that you don't forget the new code. I would sooner I can call up Landrover and ask them.

• Like 1

A couple of the Land Rover stealerships in my East Anglia area charge 80+ quid to retrieve the EKA Code. That is ridiculous for a 10 second scan.

I do it for free (or for a beer!) for forum members in the local area with my Nanocom.

Edited by JUKE179r

Land rover customer care were happy to help directly with proof of ownership e-mailed to them. I had it very quickly and they could not have been more helpful on the phone.

The issue with this is until it was unlocked/disarmed the Hawkeye could not even be plugged in!

I have left it as LR...as said useful to know it is on their records too!