Electrical

kevin50

Tonight my 3 Gauges went out, after I moved another wire that had a small 4 inch piece of strip light which illuminates under the small 4x4 gear stick all fitted by the PO.
The Gauges came on every time the Ignition was turned on.
Anyway it stopped the Blower too which is wired to a separate switch for some reason or another, this has an Inline fuse which is OK, As are the main fuses, , took the front of the Pod off and all wires seem OK, but just will not come back on. Don't have a clue where to look as Im no good with electrics at all. The CB does not work now either, think they must be all connected.
Any Ideas Anyone., ??

IMG_20191028_204737.jpg

Best to start with a continuity tester, checking each device (CB, each gauge etc.) to the +ve feed and then also the -ve on each.  Given a number of seemingly unrelated devices are affected, I'd suspect a bad earth/gnd/-ve (whatever name you prefer) somewhere.

8 hours ago, SPendrey said:

Best to start with a continuity tester, checking each device (CB, each gauge etc.) to the +ve feed and then also the -ve on each.  Given a number of seemingly unrelated devices are affected, I'd suspect a bad earth/gnd/-ve (whatever name you prefer) somewhere.

Bit Further forward, Its this box in Pic. Or one of the wires, When 1 and 2 are arced/ touched together with screwdriver the Blower comes on, when 2 and 3 are joined together the Blower AND  Dials come on together., The Blower is wired to its own switch, and Dials were working off Ignition. Any Ideas from this??
. Number 14 looks OK Should of tried a new fuse though just in case.

IMG_20191114_173943_LI (2).jpg

Edited by kevin50